Explorer Tips

highplanesdrifters

Hey Silversea Explorer regulars!  First time booking Explorer here. Veteran of Silversea and Seabourn, so know most of the drills. We've done Antarctica and usually sign up for all the ventures on Seabourn. Lots of zodiac, kayak, snorkeling etc. under our belts. Not expecting (or wanting) any shows or late night dancing.  Doing a short leg from Guam to Japan next year.  Any thoughts, tips etc. would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!

We have been on Explorer many times and did the reverse of your trip, Japan to Guam, a few years ago.  I think it you do a search on this board you should be able to find my blog.  Highlights were some really good beaches, the WWII history, and some good food in Japan.  Unfortunately we missed several stops due to bad weather, so we exhausted the supply of mint onboard for making mojitos.

On 9/1/2019 at 10:51 AM, highplanesdrifters said:

Thanks RachelG. Enjoyed your post about Japan to Guam.  Will remember to pack mint.

Only if you are in need of mojitos.  Funny thing is we have a great abundance of mint in our garden, as it seems to take over.  I have given large amounts to friends for parties which featured mojitos.

Just now, RachelG said:

Only if you are in need of mojitos.  Funny thing is we have a great abundance of mint in our garden, as it seems to take over.  I have given large amounts to friends for parties which featured mojitos.

An invasive species you have to love. Will look you up at Derby time.