ALLURA CLASS SHIPS

maggie.1008

1 hour ago, maggie.1008 said:

Is there any new news about the two new Allura class ships ? 

Check the Oceania website for what little news is available. If I remember correctly, they're due to be out in service in 2022 and 202 and will be similar in size to the Riviera and Marina though carrying fewer passengers.

Our OCA aboard the Nautica said the first one would not be out in time for the 2022 ATW. She hadn’t a clue of what itineraries the ship may be doing.

Here is my sole guess on this issue. Delivery dates for new construction can be fluid. Oceania may not have a “ firm” delivery date until mid 2021. Don’t be surprised if sailing on the new ship aren’t offered until September 2021 for cruises starting the 2nd half of 2022. It’s only September 2019. Dream On!

Depending upon economic conditions in 2021, I don’t see the new class of ships having much impact on the O ships. If the economy, along with bookings, are struggling this new ship could send a R ship or two to the bone yard prematurely. Future bookings along with the world economy could dictate whether the 2nd A Class ship even gets built.

The industry is gluttoning up on new cruise ships. Time and economics will determine how good the decisions to do so are!

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Check the Oceania website for what little news is available. If I remember correctly, they're due to be out in service in 2022 and 202 and will be similar in size to the Riviera and Marina though carrying fewer passengers.

I like that!!! I haven’t even cruised O yet till next year with 2 cruises, but smaller is hood👍

Denise😊

We were on Riviera in May and spoke with the Oceania Ambassador.  She was reluctant to give much info on the Allure ships or maybe staff has not been advised of advanced plans.  We wanted to know if the Allure might free up an O ship for an ATW itinerary.  (I would love to do an ATW but DH will never consider it on an R ship)  Her "guess" was probably not.  She did say the Allure class will be the same tonnage as the O ships, carry 1050 passengers and have at least 1 if not 2 more restaurants.  Maybe jancruz has some insider updates.

Edited by KatieBelle
  • Like 1

Can't wait.  Love Riviera and Marina but we do need a few new ships.  Give us a lot more choices and can retire some of the R class ships which have become very out dated in their design. 

• Like 1

There is something so sad about this obsessive need for "new" just for the sake of new.  

f32977cd004e9c135aa62e738bd738dd.jpg

As a former Cunard Passenger,  I remember well how the glorious Art Deco  interiors of the Queens were vilified and disparaged as outdated; that is until they were acclaimed as classic just a few years later.  

Personally, I find the familiar to be comforting in an age when stress is omnipresent.

Edited by StanandJim
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, StanandJim said:

There is something so sad about this obsessive need for "new" just for the sake of new.  

As a former Cunard Passenger,  I remember well how the glorious Art Deco  interiors of the Queens were vilified and disparaged as outdated; that is until they were acclaimed as classic just a few years later.  

Personally, I find the familiar to be comforting in an age when stress is omnipresent.

I concur.  Holding my breath that we do not see "Farmhouse Chic"  on a ship!  :classic_wacko:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StanandJim said:

f32977cd004e9c135aa62e738bd738dd.jpg

Could not have said it better myself.