automated email reply would be nice.

JohnGc

It would be nice if RCL sent an automated email to acknowledge that they have received correspondence sent to them, such as the email of bank receipt and ID number required when final payment for cruise has been paid by direct bank payment. Received an invoice stating nil balance the next day after I paid but my daughter that paid the same day is still waiting 2 weeks after payment. She got a bit worried in case something had gone wrong and ended up phoning accounts who casually replied  " oh yes we have received payment ". 

9 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Maybe there was an email but it might not have made it past your daughter's spam filter. 

No, she checks that all the time but thanks for the suggestion. Hopefully having phoned they might send it this week.

Cheers John.

I think you misunderstood. When I say it didn't make it through the Spam filters I mean your email security is stopping  you from receiving the emails at sll. So even if they send you never receive. I had this problem with an email account despite being told an email was sent it never turned up in my account. Not even in the spam folder so I asked them to send it to a different email, and it arrived in my Inbox. 

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

I think you misunderstood. When I say it didn't make it through the Spam filters I mean your email security is stopping  you from receiving the emails at sll. So even if they send you never receive. I had this problem with an email account despite being told an email was sent it never turned up in my account. Not even in the spam folder so I asked them to send it to a different email, and it arrived in my Inbox. 

Oh I am sorry about that, I now see what you mean. If she still does not receive it soon I will get her to phone them and as you say use a different email address. Thanks for the advice.👍

Cheers John.

10 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I have found them normally very responsive with emails sent immediately, I fear they may have an error with the email address or as mentioned the firewall/security may be blocking it.

Thanks Mic, daughter will be emailing them again.

1 hour ago, JohnGc said:

Thanks Mic, daughter will be emailing them again.

Daughter has just informed me that the email invoice with nil balance has just arrived so no need to phone RCL. Don't know why it took so long and obviously they had the right email address. Anyway all good now. Thanks everyone for your replies.

Cheers John.