New to Princess (Regal) - Questions

Janie001

22 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Some people do pour a glass and take to the DR to avoid paying corkage.  It works, but how large a glass do you have?  What if you want more?  Going to trek back to the cabin for a refill?  I suppose you could take a highball of wine and pour into wine glasses from that.  Next thing will be folks filling empty water bottles and taking them in.  Just joking around.

We've discovered that using one of their water glasses provides about 1 1/2 times the amount of a typical wine glass. They use to have them available at the buffet each evening  but on our last trip we had to obtain them from the DR on the first night. 

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

We've discovered that using one of their water glasses provides about 1 1/2 times the amount of a typical wine glass. They use to have them available at the buffet each evening  but on our last trip we had to obtain them from the DR on the first night. 

Sometimes I get a "special" wine glass from our waiter (Reidel).  Otherwise, I always use a water glass as the other ones are WAY too small for most wines (and I don't mean from a quantity standpoint).  Even one of them would not quite do it considering should not be full to the brim in any case, but especially if trying to transport to the DR without spillage!! 

DH and I are not big drinkers, but we bring on our allowed one bottle per person, pour one glass from our cabin stash and bring it to the dining room.  If we want a second glass, we just order per glass and pay for it.

• Like 1