Premium Plus BP - Does it Include Specialty Teas at Starbucks?

moviegal

I know the beverage packages have been discussed to death, but I keep getting conflicting answers to this question, even from NCL reps! Can someone please confirm? I'll be on the NCL Joy and am considering upgrading to the Premium Plus beverage package. Does it include the specialty teas on the menu at Starbucks? Even here on the boards some people say it does / does not include the coffees at Starbucks. I am so confused, and there seems to be no concrete answer to this question. Hoping somebody either on board the Joy or just back from the Joy can help.

48 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

It does not include Starbucks.  If you go to NCL website and read terms and conditions it doesn’t cover Specialty coffees other than at restaurants.

The PPBP does indeed include Starbucks..... 

you're reading the Sky / Sun T&Cs where it is restricted to restaurants: https://www.ncl.com/terms/premium-plus-beverage-package

Here's the link to the non Sky / Star T&Cs:

https://www.ncl.com/terms/premium-plus-beverage-package-full

Edited by esm54687

See, this is what I'm talking about! I keep getting conflicting information! I don't want to pay to upgrade if it doesn't include the specialty teas at Starbucks. But nobody can answer this question definitively. Has anybody out there actually been on NCL recently and knows the answer?

I was on the Breakaway 18 Aug with the Premium Plus. I enjoyed multiple beverages at the Atrium Cafe (tea, lattes, frappuccino, etc) and all were included. As was the fresh squeezed juice and bottled water/gatorade/red bull.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moviegal said:

See, this is what I'm talking about! I keep getting conflicting information! I don't want to pay to upgrade if it doesn't include the specialty teas at Starbucks. But nobody can answer this question definitively. Has anybody out there actually been on NCL recently and knows the answer?

What is conflicting?? 

I gave a clear answer with a supporting link to your question..... along with a link to clarify a previous post's error. 

You're not on the Sun or Sky so don't read those T&Cs...... pretty straight forward. 

Edited by esm54687

We had the premium plus package on the Epic last week and yes my wife got her tea every morning from the coffee shop.  I also got a latte everyday as well.  The Johnny Blue is good at night or the yellow label champagne.  If you like martinis the Botonist ilay gin martini is quite good.  If you like Scotch the Talisker is good or the Chives Royal Salute 21 is very smooth.  Try the Scotches that are not on the menu as they are more expensive and better.  I almost always got a double even of the more expensive ones.  The first time you order you have to let them know you have the PPB.  After that they addressed me by name and asked what I wanted.  Any other questions or suggestions about the package let me know.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ejnsb said:

Others have reported that when getting bottles of wine at dinner,  they were able to share it with table mates.  Any thoughts?

The T&Cs say not to be shared or transferred however the sharing of bottles at dinner do not seem to be enforced

Here is the PBPP flyer that lists the bottles:

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-plus-beverage-package.pdf

Edited by esm54687
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, moviegal said:

I’m going to amend my DH’s previous comments specifically on tea.  We were on the Epic, which does not have a Starbucks.  At the Atrium Cafe/Coffee bar, I was able to get the Tea Forte specialty tea each day.  However, I can’t speak to whether the same is true at a Starbucks branded cafe.  

That being said, I agree with my DH that we thoroughly enjoyed the PPB.  It wouldn’t be practical for us on every cruise, but in this case it was great.  Champagne and whiskey!

I do wish that NCL had chosen an acronym that wasn’t so close to the other bev pkg (PPB vs PBP).  A clearer acronym would alleviate having to explain the package that you have.

As DH said, any other questions you have we are happy to assist with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

I do wish that NCL had chosen an acronym that wasn’t so close to the other bev pkg (PPB vs PBP).  A clearer acronym would alleviate having to explain the package that you have.

Oh my goodness, yes, this! I had so many bartenders who were very confused. Granted, I do appreciate how thoughtful they are about trying to ensure that people know when they are going to purchase something that isn't included in the basic beverage package. They could have made it much more explicit.