2 platinum plus and 2 platinums walk into a cabin

peanders

We will be sharing a 2 bedroom suite with another couple, we are platinum plus the other couple are platinum. Am I correct that there will only be one dinner for two in Cagneys or Le Bistro and one dinner for two in La Cucina or Moderno?

4 hours ago, peanders said:

We will be sharing a 2 bedroom suite with another couple, we are platinum plus the other couple are platinum. Am I correct that there will only be one dinner for two in Cagneys or Le Bistro and one dinner for two in La Cucina or Moderno?

I believe that is correct, since you are in one cabin. The Latitude Tier benefits clearly state that the dinner vouchers are “per stateroom”. 

You will all get your dinners with 2 vouchers.

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/faq

I am traveling with other Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador guests in the same stateroom? Do we each get a voucher?

No. If there are 2 Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in one stateroom, only one Welcome Back Card will be delivered. This gives the correct number of Dinner for Two vouchers the guests are entitled to.
For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered.
If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveler who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit.

Edited by peg013
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, mnventure said:

I believe that is correct, since you are in one cabin. The Latitude Tier benefits clearly state that the dinner vouchers are “per stateroom”. 

That was altered very soon after the new benefits were introduced.

Extra platinums in the room result in additional vouchers being received, as per the quote above.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Extra platinums in the room result in additional vouchers being received, as per the quote above.

Nice! And it would be nice if NCL updated their description of the benefits on their website. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 5:24 PM, peanders said:

14 hours ago, saradow said:

As the 3rd platinum passenger on many cruises, I've never had a problem getting the extra certificates... but, I've had to go to the Latitudes desk every time to get them.

We had to go to the Latitudes desk to get the certificates for the third in our cabin. Well, actually my name (#2 in the cabin) and our friend's name (#3 in the cabin) were on the certificate in the cabin. My husband (#1 on the reservation) wasn't included because they made the determination alphabetically, not by the guest number. We got the certificate without a problem once the Latitudes desk opened.

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:44 PM, peg013 said:

You will all get your dinners with 2 vouchers.

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/faq

I am traveling with other Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador guests in the same stateroom? Do we each get a voucher?

No. If there are 2 Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in one stateroom, only one Welcome Back Card will be delivered. This gives the correct number of Dinner for Two vouchers the guests are entitled to.
For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered.
If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveler who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit.

This pretty much sucks! I'm traveling solo but paid full fare for 2 people! Why should I only be given one dinner when I may have a friend to take along with me?

2 minutes ago, NayRN said:

This pretty much sucks! I'm traveling solo but paid full fare for 2 people! Why should I only be given one dinner when I may have a friend to take along with me?

You can.

You get the same as a solo does, which is vouchers for 2 meals for 2. If you have someone else to take then you can.

It seems to just be bad wording. My guess is that it is trying to avoid the requests to split the voucher out into 4 meals for 1, but in typical NCL fashion they have worded it badly. Whatever, the reality of different to what it says.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NayRN said:

In my experience, you will get dinner for two if you take someone with you. Many Platinum solos end up with 4 meals by sharing their 2 dinners for two. What they have stopped is letting a solo go two different times for their dinner for two - now it is take someone or you just get one dinner. 

Edited by peg013
Didn't see this was already answered. Sorry for the duplication.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, peg013 said:

In my experience, you will get dinner for two if you take someone with you. Many Platinum solos end up with 4 meals by sharing their 2 dinners for two. What they have stopped is letting a solo go two different times for their dinner for two - now it is take someone or you just get one dinner. 

Thanks! This makes sense! I am in agreement that I shouldn’t get 4 meals for myself....but I’m happy that I can take a friend with me! 

On 9/5/2019 at 2:52 AM, KeithJenner said:

so i ask this question. I travel with another Platinum plus person, ( to get the double occupancy discount), he likes to eat early around 5:30pm, i like to eat a little later, does that mean we will each get  our own  voucher? again?  or are we stuck having to eat at the same time like now. I found it offensive and unfair whey they changed to the new system( per stateroom) because he earned his status and so did i.

15 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

so i ask this question. I travel with another Platinum plus person, ( to get the double occupancy discount), he likes to eat early around 5:30pm, i like to eat a little later, does that mean we will each get  our own  voucher? again?  or are we stuck having to eat at the same time like now. I found it offensive and unfair whey they changed to the new system( per stateroom) because he earned his status and so did i.

No, unfortunately your situation is one that doesn’t quite fit into the current rules. It’s unfortunate, but it’s also very difficult for a programme like this to take account of every situation.

I don’t see why the change to the programme has made such a difference to you though. Previously, you would each get a meal for two. Now, the two of you get two meals for two. Split them and you still get a meal for two each. The difference is that you now have to decide who has the voucher for each restaurant (which may be an advantage or disadvantage depending on your preferences), and you do lose a bottle of wine between you (as does any room with two people).

24 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

No, unfortunately your situation is one that doesn’t quite fit into the current rules. It’s unfortunate, but it’s also very difficult for a programme like this to take account of every situation.

I don’t see why the change to the programme has made such a difference to you though. Previously, you would each get a meal for two. Now, the two of you get two meals for two. Split them and you still get a meal for two each. The difference is that you now have to decide who has the voucher for each restaurant (which may be an advantage or disadvantage depending on your preferences), and you do lose a bottle of wine between you (as does any room with two people).

Because before we each used to get a voucher for the restaurants, i went at my time and he went at his time, now either i have to eat at 5 pm or he has to eat at 7:30  in order to share the vouchers. I don’t get why we have to share dinner times just to use the vouchers since we both earned our level. I guess some people can’t understand that. Yes, we share the stateroom but we both like to do different things at different times. NCL did not think of that, they just assumed ok they share a stateroom so they must be a couple.

1 minute ago, spanishguy1970 said:

Because before we each used to get a voucher for the restaurants, i went at my time and he went at his time, now either i have to eat at 5 pm or he has to eat at 7:30  in order to share the vouchers. I don’t get why we have to share dinner times just to use the vouchers since we both earned our level. I guess some people can’t understand that. Yes, we share the stateroom but we both like to do different things at different times. NCL did not think of that, they just assumed ok they share a stateroom so they must be a couple.

You miss my point.

Under the old rules you used to get one meal voucher and your friend used to get one meal voucher. If you didn’t want to eat at the same time then you just had one meal each.

Now, you get two meal vouchers between you. If you don’t want to eat at the same time then you just have one meal each.

The number of meals hasn’t changed.

I agree totally with you that it isn’t an ideal situation, but I don’t understand why you find the changes to the rules to be the cause.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

You miss my point.

Under the old rules you used to get one meal voucher and your friend used to get one meal voucher. If you didn’t want to eat at the same time then you just had one meal each.

Now, you get two meal vouchers between you. If you don’t want to eat at the same time then you just have one meal each.

The number of meals hasn’t changed.

I agree totally with you that it isn’t an ideal situation, but I don’t understand why you find the changes to the rules to be the cause.

I am going to disagree with you. In the old way it used to be i would get two vouchers with 2 bottles of wine. One voucher i could use at Le Bistro the other at La cucina or once upon a time the mexican restaurant. When the mexican restaurant disappeared it became la cucina or moderno. Now you get one bottle of wine and 2 vouchers per stateroom, one to use between le bistro or cagneys the other at moderno or la cucina . I used to be able to eat at le bistro with my bottle of wine and at moderno or la cucina with a bottle of wine not anymore, they cut my meals in half, thats why we have to share the vouchers now if i want to eat at both restaurants minus a bottle of wine.

8 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

I am going to disagree with you. In the old way it used to be i would get two vouchers with 2 bottles of wine. One voucher i could use at Le Bistro the other at La cucina or once upon a time the mexican restaurant. When the mexican restaurant disappeared it became la cucina or moderno. Now you get one bottle of wine and 2 vouchers per stateroom, one to use between le bistro or cagneys the other at moderno or la cucina . I used to be able to eat at le bistro with my bottle of wine and at moderno or la cucina with a bottle of wine not anymore, they cut my meals in half, thats why we have to share the vouchers now if i want to eat at both restaurants minus a bottle of wine.

I agree totally about the bottle of wine, in fact I mentioned it myself in my original post. I also mentioned the changes in restaurants (which may be a benefit depending on preferences).

I still don’t see how your meals have been cut in half though. You only had one previously, and now you have one. That is the same.

Thinking about it, maybe the issue is that the staff did sometimes (but not always) allow people to split their voucher into two meals for one. That was never officially allowed, but I understand that they often used to allow it. From memory I think they clarified that it wasn’t allowed at about the same time that they changed the programme, so maybe that is the issue.

As I said earlier, it is almost impossible to present a set of rules that meets all situations. It could be argued that your situation which is created by a wish to eat at different times is quite unusual, but then should friends be forced to eat together to get the meals?

We lose out at the moment because we are a group of three, all of whom should be platinum plus, but we have to pay for the meals for one person (and he doesn’t qualify for any perks at all) just because he isn’t 18. The rules just don’t work for everyone.

Edited by KeithJenner