TV Channels

beljwl

We are going to be on NCL Jewel on Oct 13-18. Not sure if this matters but we will be leaving out of Los Angeles and going to San Diego and Ensenada, Mexico. I know I will not be in my cabin much for TV watching but I like to sleep with the TV on. I was wondering what TV channels do they usually broadcast? Do they have the networks and which news channels do they air? 

Something on the order of a dozen or so channels:

A Bow camera channel

Navigation channel *** - where you left from - world times - where you are at - distance traveled - etc.

*** that Blue Screen night light not healthy to sleep by mute the sound 

Safety channel advising safety info life vests NCL protocol *

* usually what you see when you first check in your cabin - set by cabin attendant

Channel to check your on board account and book reservations - shore excursions

A Pay-Per-View Movie channel (Free if in a suite or Haven)

With the right gear set up it maybe possible to bring your own movies for showing.

and the channels just posted by BirdTravels - these can vary by ship

That Sports Channel emphasis is on that other football soccer

Only during events like the World Series BB or the SuperBowl football are these broadcasted MAYBE ?

your regular scheduled college NCAA and other sports are not available although YMMV 

The Sports Bar may have feeds not available on your cabin TV

The News channels are a constant repeat rehash of daily events (very political motivated)

The Movies are old time clips with one free prime time movie usually available from the pay-per-view library

no option for the viewing time - can't pause it - rewind it !

There is a sort of Cartoon channel to keep the young ones occupied for a moment - are we there yet ?

With your cell phone laptop or tablet and the ships Internet Service it maybe possible to pickup Los Angeles

San Diego ABC CBS NBC (others) feeds - I am not a techy wizard at this - - -

Why anyone would want to tune into the daily doom and gloom broadcast network is beyond me.

So there you have it NCL Cruise Ship TV channels version 101

Thanks. I am a total political news junkie. I normally sleep with one of the channels listed above on all night. The other one I will avoid. 😀 Good to know I have a choice. 

Edited by beljwl

12 minutes ago, Love my butler said:

No worries.  FOX comes in clear as a bell.

I don't know if FOX is bell worthy - but I would rather make my own TV videos about the cruise vacation

and not worry who slandered who - or upstaged another - violated parole or protocol. All the comforts of

home I left at home to get away from it all - good thing in the good-ole USA elections are some 14 months

away when cruising will get downright nasty - toss all the TVs overboard for best reception !