luggage storage in Canada Place Cruise Terminal?

aprilcruisers

Yup, PP is much cheaper than the official storage (now run by WestCoast, one of the major local coachlines - if you plan to take one of their HOHO tours then they cut the price of storing your bags though, so potentially worthwhile using them depending on your plans).

And while it may be too late, AirBnBs remain problematic in Vancouver - even though they have in theory been legal for about a year now, if it's a 'whole home' rental of a condo unit it's most likely not legal due to the restrictions of the licensing. If it's a house in the 'burbs those are usually OK; just one room inside any home should also be legit, but if it's a condo please ask the owner to verify that they are compliant with both local city legislation AND their own Strata rules (most downtown condos now ban short-term rentals completely). Any Host with 2+ listings, or a single listing for 6 months or more of the year, remains 100% illegal and could get shut down at any time by local enforcement office leaving you with nowhere to stay!!!

2 hours ago, aprilcruisers said:

Thanks for the info on ABNB, but after doing my research, we should be all good. 

On the Pan Pacific, their website says it’s just for guests, so I’m not sure if it will be available.

As long as you're AB&Bing with eyes open, all good - a lot of folks remain unaware of our local issues with them so I err on the side of over-informing!

PP has been confirmed accepting non-guest bags every cruise season for going on a decade (probably longer, I just didn't live here before that) including this one. While it's always possible they might change their policies I think they would have done so early this season if they were ever going to as the pier had no official storage at all for a good couple of months and so the volume of bags they were getting would have been highest - CDS office never opened at all this season (they still operate at the airport, but you can't use their 'pier to airport' bag transfer service any more when they've abandoned pier operations) but they were still claiming that they were going to well into May, and WestCoast I think only opened very late June.

Just in case the PP does refuse you, here's a direct link to the info sheet that confirms WestCoast prices & operating hours; there's other useful info on the port website too.

I'll re-affirm that the PP will accept non-guest cruise luggage for storage for a day - I did it in May.  I was one that was planning to use the CDS Baggage Pier to Airport transfer service, only to find they were not operating and I had to pivot on my plans without knowing about the PP option until someone pointed me there.

• 2 weeks later...