cabin noise

slug33ukuk

We had a bad experience with cabin noise on the Ruby. It pays to check location above and below decks when booking. But once at sea, you can ask Passenger Services to relocate you, if a cabin is available. I realize E312 is an Obstructed View outside, but to anyone else reading, know that behind the back wall on inside cabins is a corridor work area and work goes on all night.  Never get an inside cabin.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

know that behind the back wall on inside cabins is a corridor work area and work goes on all night.  Never get an inside cabin.

There may be a hallway, but I've never heard any "work" going on, especially at night.

We've been in all categories, from insides to owner's suites, and our cabin of choice, like many others is an inside.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

There may be a hallway, but I've never heard any "work" going on, especially at night.

We've been in all categories, from insides to owner's suites, and our cabin of choice, like many others is an inside.

I second this. I have never heard anything from behind the cabin & I am extremely sensitive to noise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

I second this. I have never heard anything from behind the cabin & I am extremely sensitive to noise.

You two may never have heard noise behind the wall, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Have you heard sound from the Wheelhouse bar in your cabins? I haven't, but I took the OP's word for it.

My advice was to ask if Passenger Services could help.  In our case it did. That is the purpose of CC forums, to help each other. If you like the inside experience, good for you! Perhaps I should have written that I will not book an inside cabin again.

Edited by mtnesterz

8 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

Perhaps I should have wrote that I will not book an inside cabin again.

Agreed, stating "Never get an inside cabin", is an overstatement.

Our cabin of choice is an inside that is just steps away from the aft pool, which becomes our balcony.

A balcony with waiters and waitresses no less.

I'll "never" book anything else! 🙂

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Agreed, stating "Never get an inside cabin", is an overstatement.

Our cabin of choice is an inside that is just steps away from the aft pool, which becomes our balcony.

A balcony with waiters and waitresses no less.

I'll "never" book anything else! 🙂

We've done that too. It's a great location!  Many times we've booked L245 because it's in a cheaper category, but as far aft as you can get in the forward category and a very short walk to the pool area. We seem to keep going back to that cabin on one Grand class ship after another.

I think everyone just needs to discover what works for them. We are part of the selective few who once had an aft full suite and then only booked insides after that because we were never in the cabin. We realized that for us, it wasn't the best use of our money. Do as much research as you can. Definitely check the deck plans, especially above and below. We hated being directly below an area where deck chairs were being moved around every night. 

The most important thing is to relax and enjoy yourself. Do what you can to fix any bad situation once you're on board. But don't let anything ruin your vacation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1