What to eat/drink off boat

PaRaDoX3d

We will be arriving at this port in less than 2 weeks. Will be stopping here and would like to sample some local cuisine and beverages (alcohol). Anyone have recommendations on what to eat/drink and where?

Ā 

I've searched Google and the board but have not found much in terms of what sort of local cuisine to eat or any sort of beverages to consume.

Looking for any sort of help.

1 hour ago, PaRaDoX3d said:

We will be arriving at this port in less than 2 weeks. Will be stopping here and would like to sample some local cuisine and beverages (alcohol). Anyone have recommendations on what to eat/drink and where?

Ā 

I've searched Google and the board but have not found much in terms of what sort of local cuisine to eat or any sort of beverages to consume.

Looking for any sort of help.

Ā 

As far as local cuisine I presume you mean unique as opposed to the many restaurants in Bermuda which serve cuisine similar toĀ what you would find in the US. There are many fine restaurants,Ā some were mentioned in aĀ post in response to one of your questions but are they are basically North American cuisine.Ā Ā 

Ā 

The FishĀ sandwiches are very local and served unlike you would find elsewhere. Ā Also good fish chowder. There a several places that could be recommended for the fish sandwichesĀ but I am not the one to recommend the fish sandwich places.Ā I prefer the pub type food in Bermuda so at the Dockyard there is the Frog and Onion. In Hamilton, Flanaganā€™s and Hog Penny.Ā There is the OriginalĀ Swizzle Inn which is in Baileys near the caves. Swizzle Inn is an iconic place to stop by in Bermuda. If you had googled there are a couple of famous Bermuda drinks that should have come up. The Rum Swizzle and Dark and Stormy's. Dark and Stormy's are pretty famous. Made with Goslings Rum which is Bermudian and ginger beer. Ā The Rum Swizzle at the Swizzle Inn is particularly good. I reverified that a couple of weeks ago. Yum. And the Swizzle Inn is still a fun place to stop at. Ā Dark and Stormyā€™s seem to be good everywhere as the ingredients are pretty standard. If you are a beer drinker the Frog and Onion brews their own Dockyard Beer. At Flanaganā€™s they were serving some local brews I had for the first time, fromĀ On de Rock brewery.Ā Both the Honey Ale and the Blonde Ale were great. Better than the Dockyard brews in my opinion.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Charles4515

On 9/5/2019 at 9:18 PM, Charles4515 said:

Ā 

The FishĀ sandwiches are very local and served unlike you would find elsewhere. Ā Also good fish chowder. There a several places that could be recommended for the fish sandwichesĀ but I am not the one to recommend the fish sandwich places.Ā I prefer the pub type food in Bermuda so at the Dockyard there is the Frog and Onion.

Ā 

Can someone tell me if there is a place in the Dockyard to get those good fish sandwiches?Ā  I like a good fish sandwich.Ā  Hubby would prefer pub food.Ā  We will also be making a tour in Hamilton and to BAMZ if there is good fish sandwiches close to those.

37 minutes ago, HOSKI said:

We will also be making a tour in Hamilton and to BAMZ if there is good fish sandwiches close to those.

One of the more highly regarded ones is at Art Mel's Spicy Dicy in Hamilton-- although its a good half hour walk from Front Street or about a 5 minute taxi. Well worth the visit if you want whats most likely the best example of the sandwich. You can find it at many places though that have their own riff on it.Ā 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HOSKI said:

Can someone tell me if there is a place in the Dockyard to get those good fish sandwiches?Ā  I like a good fish sandwich.Ā  Hubby would prefer pub food.Ā  We will also be making a tour in Hamilton and to BAMZ if there is good fish sandwiches close to those.

Ā 

Pub food in the DockyardĀ is Frog and Onion. The closest place to the Dockyard known for a good fish sandwich is Woodys in Somerset. That would be a short cab ride.Ā 

Ā 

Art Mels is supposedly by legendĀ the best fish sandwich but it is out of the way, off the beaten pathĀ and it is takeout. So people go by taxi, get the takeout and take it back by taxi to eat in a park in Hamilton. TheĀ best way is on aĀ taxi tour.Ā 

• Thanks 1

we're going to Hamilton the first night. I searched a few restaurants there and really want to try something called shark hash, they have it at this place called Lost in the Triangle. Also wanting to try the bermuda spiny lobsters since they in season i believe

Edited by Ellusionz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ellusionz said:

we're going to Hamilton the first night. I searched a few restaurants there and really want to try something called shark hash, they have it at this place called Lost in the Triangle. Also wanting to try the bermuda spiny lobsters since they in season i believe

Ā 

The season starts in September soĀ restaurants in BermudaĀ have spiny lobster starting then. The Lobster Pot in Hamilton specializes but you wonā€™t have any problem finding it on restaurantĀ menus in Bermuda.Ā Ā I never heard of the shark hash butĀ Lost in the Triangle will have the lobsters so you could try both there if Lost in the Triangle has the hash.Ā 

Ā 

I tried some shark in Iceland last year and thought it was pretty horrible. Hope the Bermuda shark hash is something better.Ā 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ellusionz said:

Also wanting to try the bermuda spiny lobsters since they in season i believe

Ā 

In case anyone wonders about the availability.Ā The lobster catch is regulated by the government to preserve the fishery.Ā Both amounts andĀ dates. The dates they may be caught areĀ between September 1 and March 31.Ā 

• Thanks 1

Yea I was leaning toward Lobster Pot cause the reviews were a lil better but then saw LITT has the shark too, so since I can hopefully get both there (always an availability thing with some foods) talking my group into that place instead šŸ™‚Ā