Gratuities on Drink Package

wongcruise

On 9/6/2019 at 12:39 PM, cruisestitch said:

Unfortunately since it is in print, people will believe it is true. But as of now it is only a rumor, and a false one.

But I saw it on the interweb, so it has to be true.   😲

On 9/30/2019 at 7:23 AM, villauk said:

No they won’t, but it’s all semantics - instead of X taking the grats off the current prices to pay the servers, they’re adding it on instead - all the same difference. I was making the point that the OP was slammed and told on several occasions that it was all just rumourmongering - appears that wasn’t the case all along. If you want the beverage package as a ‘perk’, you’ll be paying extra for it, what ever X wish to call it.

Thanks for the support

At the time I made the thread I was passing on some info that my TA gave me just trying to be helpful and pass on the opportunity to possibly save a lot of money.

My TA has provided me and his customers a lot of useful info that saved us a lot of money with the advanced heads up for upcoming promos,  price increase and changes.  That topic  was something that I though should be passed on as it was big time stuff.  Don’t know where he gets his info but I been told he has a lot of clout with the select cruise lines that he deals with. 

Problem is on this forum there  are many who feel that they are the only ones that have all the info and no one else is ever right.   They are quick to criticize anyone that has a different opinion or experience than theirs and will never acknowledge that they are wrong.  When they quote me I just move on and don’t respond back. 

Just  like the one response here being that I posted that it was the gratuities and it isn’t because it is a called something else, but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, it is a duck.  

Many of the posters on the thread that I started were chomping on the bit just waiting to prove that the info was wrong.   They called their TA, Celebrity and etc.   I was surprised that someone didn’t post at the stroke of midnight that it didn’t happen but there  were a few that day.   

The thread was eliminated because many made a request to have it done because it was a misinformed TA passing on bad info  and I was just looking for attention and starting a bad rumor.   One poster even wrote that it upset him because of the way that the title was worded.   Another thread was recently started on the same subject and on the first few pages there are still many  of the same posters that don’t t believe what the others have wrote and won’t believe until it goes into effect.

There now is increase in the drink package perk amounting to $14/day pp. and  it didn’t didn’t happened immediately after Sept 01,  and it isn’t exactly the same amount as the gratuities  would be so  apparently the info that my TA gave me was wrong .  so i guess it makes all those slammers right  and I am sure that they are happy about it.  

Too bad that those  self appointed forum experts on their high horse can’t accept that others may have more information or experienced something different than they do.  I constantly get good useful advanced info from my TA and no longer see any  value to  share any of it.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1