San Pedro Pier on Sunday, picking up rental car

cuterlmt

We get to San Pedro port on a Sunday. We rented a car at what I think is the closest rental car place open on a Sunday at Torrance Marriot. (Hertz). What is the best way to get there? Taxi? Uber, other? We have a hotel in Orange, CA. 

Thanks for the help!

Will Uber/Lyft pick us up at the port? Or do we have to manage our way to a street somewhere?

Thanks for the info on Long Beach car rentals. I'll check the price, but I found Hertz at the Torrance Marriot for about 330, versus over $700 at the Avis in Long Beach. But I'll keep looking. It's been a while since I booked my Hertz that I don't remember if I priced it out and that's why I decided on the Torrance Marriot Hertz. Thanks all!

12 hours ago, Splinter said:

Did you check into getting your rental car at Long Beach Airport? Torrance is in the opposite direction from San Pedro than Orange, and the airport is closer, and right on the 405 freeway. Shared shuttle there runs about $15/person.

Thank you. I will check that out. 

On 9/13/2019 at 10:35 AM, Splinter said:

Did you check into getting your rental car at Long Beach Airport? Torrance is in the opposite direction from San Pedro than Orange, and the airport is closer, and right on the 405 freeway. Shared shuttle there runs about $15/person.

So I checked your idea out. Shared shuttle (via supershuttle - I didn't check any other brands) was way more than $15 a person. They had limited rental cars and they were more than the one I've reserved in Torrance.

BUT, it gave me the idea to check out LAX. We are flying back home from LAX. And they had a lot more rental car choices available. And were close or less than the price of our reserved rental. Supershuttle is $47 to LAX. So that may be a better option. 

My only concern is taking supershuttle and finding the car rental shuttles - but I can't imagine it's that hard at LAX right?

Anyone care to offer up opinions?

Thanks all for your help.

well I answered the question myself so I'll share. Rental at LAX cheaper than the Torrance and than Long Beach airport. And premier shuttle will take us from the port to the rental car place (away from LAX property, but associated with LAX) on Aviation road for cheaper than super shuttle. Thanks all for your help!