Previous Mystery Cruises

tring

We recently booked the Mystery cruise leaving Liverpool next April.  Just wondering what sort of ports have been visited on previous mystery cruises as I am wondering if all ports will be the well visited ones or whether some others appear at times.  It is a good price and not described as a closer mystery (which some others are), so do not expect to be visiting the destinations visited on the more expensive cruises.

We did the Maiden Port Mystery Cruise a few years back, but that was obviously very different with some lovely small ports visited.

On 9/14/2019 at 7:47 PM, yorkiescot said:

Returned home today after a 7 day mystery cruise on the Braemar. We enjoyed visiting Aviles in Spain, sailing up the River Garonne to Bordeaux and then spending yesterday in Falmouth.   

Glad you enjoyed the trip which sounds good, as does the previous one mentioned.  Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by tring

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/9972612/cruise-luxury-mystery-docks-great-yarmouth-dunkirk/

Some people were. It quite so happy with their mystery cruise last week.

This has been picked up on a thread a bit further down the page:-

Seems like a small group of passengers looking for some sort of gain.  In fact that 11 night cruise is visiting 9 ports and was advertised as a different country every day (the one day they were not in a port is when they did a very popular daytime transit of the Keil Canal - so they were in Germany).  Some very good ports, though the Dutch one seems to have been somewhat dubious, mainly because of the short time in port, though some enjoyed it.  I have also recently seen mentioned that the complainers had booked a saver fare and did not want to spend for a shuttle bus - oh well each to their own.  Many people on the cruise have not even met the complainers apparently, but a banner saying that money is given for a video was reportedly seen on the website of one of the gutter press rags, near by a clip of a video posted on it about that cruise......Mmmmmm!

So far they have been to, Great Yarmouth, Dunkirk, Antwerp, Ijmuiden, Keil Canal transit, Swinoujscie (which is a lovely little place in Poland) and Malmo in Sweden today.  That leaves 3 more ports so must be in Denmark, Norway and probably Scotland.  I really wish we had booked that one, an excellent cruise being greatly enjoyed from what I have read.  I am tracking it and looking at the ports on Google Earth - the tracker is working for Balmoral on this site  https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=8506294

See the other thread.

Edited by tring