No notification re Itinerary change

sunlover33

15 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

So, what's the score then? This thread has gone quiet. Was the new itinerary as I expected, ie a night on the ship at the end. How much time did you lose in Mumbai?  I know that was a major thing too. Are you happy with Azamara or not?

Phll

Azamara have confirm that the departure from Mumbai will be 4.5 hours early, cutting shore time from 13 to 8.5 hours. Arrival in Dubai is now Sat 25th April with disembarkation on 26th April.

I can live with less sea time, but as Sunlover33 says above " .... we lost time in Mumbai which is a place we were looking forward to exploring but it seems to be  for what appears to be a facile reason".

There appears to be an increase in posts on CC regarding itinerary changes across all lines. 

A common theme is the lack of detailed information provided to passengers before and/or during the cruise. 

If the cruise line has nothing to hide (a new immigration protocol, ship congestion in port due to other ship movements etc), then the reason for the adjustment can be provided in an open and transparent manner.  Weather is often the excuse, a specific excuse that does not always measure up to scrutiny.

With technology, any service provider can easily contact their customers and provide updates.

My last, and to be last, cruise with Oceania was a mess due to missing 3 ports and a delayed arrival in a 4th. There are 10 posts on this specific cruise on the CC review board, a record expression of dissatisfaction. Oceania made no effort to substitute ports along the central american coast line with the many available ports.

From time to time a poster will trot out the "contract" as a defense of the cruise line, really?

Good quality customer service does not need to hide behind a "contract".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Richteab said:

Azamara have confirm that the departure from Mumbai will be 4.5 hours early, cutting shore time from 13 to 8.5 hours. Arrival in Dubai is now Sat 25th April with disembarkation on 26th April.

I can live with less sea time, but as Sunlover33 says above " .... we lost time in Mumbai which is a place we were looking forward to exploring but it seems to be  for what appears to be a facile reason".

That's really not so bad. A few hours lost in Mumbai is a shame, but to be honest it is difficult to do justice to Mumbai in a day anyway. You can be there for two days and only touch the surface. At least you will arrive in Dubai in good time. Hopefully Azamara will be able to secure immigration staff to do the process before your arrival there.   As I thought. An overreaction by some here. 

Phil 

I've been searching for any changes to Dubai's immigration process and not found anything.  Although it's unlikely to be useful to people in this post, it is possible for visa free nationals to register to use the smart gates at the airport, instead of having to go through the manned gates.  I can't remember if they had smart gates at the port although I suspect not.

On 9/25/2019 at 2:02 PM, Doubt It said:

There appears to be an increase in posts on CC regarding itinerary changes across all lines. 

A common theme is the lack of detailed information provided to passengers before and/or during the cruise. 

If the cruise line has nothing to hide (a new immigration protocol, ship congestion in port due to other ship movements etc), then the reason for the adjustment can be provided in an open and transparent manner.  Weather is often the excuse, a specific excuse that does not always measure up to scrutiny.

With technology, any service provider can easily contact their customers and provide updates.

My last, and to be last, cruise with Oceania was a mess due to missing 3 ports and a delayed arrival in a 4th. There are 10 posts on this specific cruise on the CC review board, a record expression of dissatisfaction. Oceania made no effort to substitute ports along the central american coast line with the many available ports.

From time to time a poster will trot out the "contract" as a defense of the cruise line, really?

Good quality customer service does not need to hide behind a "contract".

Well said .