NEVER AN UPGRADE!

suzyed

On 9/8/2019 at 10:44 AM, suzyed said:

Are we the only ones who have never gotten an upgrade?  6 different cruise lines, 35+ cruises...never an upgrade, even on sailings where it seems everyone is getting upgraded! 🤔

Be careful what you wish for.  We were "upgraded" on one cruise and never ever again!  We were originally on the Caribe deck balcony and when we got to the port and signed in, we were told that we were upgraded to the Aloha deck!  We were livid!  Right under MUTS.  Most miserable cabin and cruise ever!  Blasting concerts on MUTS, blasting movies, it was the pits.  Now when we book, we tell them to put in big letters NO UPGRADE!  I still get p*ssed thinking about it.  BTW, you have no say in where you are going to be upgraded.  I considered our upgrade a lowdown cabin.  The 3 for free deal that's going on?  Not worth it to me with the upgrade included.  Give me something decent other than a so-called "upgrade" and make it sound like you're getting a deal.  BS!

Edited by elliair

On 9/13/2019 at 4:54 AM, sweetp12 said:

Not that I would mind if they gave us the suite.... Apparently we are #1 on the cabin assignment list.  

I seriously doubt if you'd be offered the suite...surely they'd move a minisuite to the suite, a balcony to the mini, then an OV to the balcony. A balcony would still be a great upgrade though. Enjoy your cruise no matter where you live on the ship!🚢

17 minutes ago, elliair said:

The 3 for free deal that's going on?  Not worth it to me with the upgrade included.  Give me something decent other than a so-called "upgrade" and make it sound like you're getting a deal.  BS!

Feeling your pain on that past so-called upgrade (no doubt it was a letter code higher than what you were booked in).  

Anyway, on 3FF, you are not actually upgraded.  You still pick the cabin you like (BB, BC, etc) and you pay the BF (lowest category level).  You can still mark that cabin you select for No Upgrade.  It is not at all like booking a BF GTY for example and then waiting to see what category you get assigned.  Hope that helps ease the pain. 

As you probably realize, BA Balconies are not included for the lower price deal, but you still get the other 3FF benefits if booking with that promotion.

Edited by steelers36

18 minutes ago, elliair said:

Now when we book, we tell them to put in big letters NO UPGRADE! 

The 3 for free deal that's going on?  Not worth it to me with the upgrade included.  Give me something decent other than a so-called "upgrade" 

You can mark "Meta Upgrade Only" which let's them only put you in a higher category...so you would have only been upgraded to a minisuite or full suite. 

I got the 3 for Free promotion for my next cruise and I got to choose the upgraded cabin...they don't assign it to you! I paid the price of the lowest cabin in my category but actually booked the most expensive cabin in my category. It's all done at the time of booking.

Edited by Go-Bucks!
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Duffysmom said:

I believe we have the same TA, have you asked her about upgrades?

I have asked her for an upgrade on the Northern Lights cruise.   She quoted $1200/pp to upgrade to a balcony and we would lose our free grats.  I told her "no thanks".
But we used someone else for the Emerald cruise.

2 hours ago, elliair said:

Be careful what you wish for.  We were "upgraded" on one cruise and never ever again!  We were originally on the Caribe deck balcony and when we got to the port and signed in, we were told that we were upgraded to the Aloha deck!  We were livid!  Right under MUTS.  Most miserable cabin and cruise ever!  Blasting concerts on MUTS, blasting movies, it was the pits.  Now when we book, we tell them to put in big letters NO UPGRADE!  I still get p*ssed thinking about it.  BTW, you have no say in where you are going to be upgraded.  I considered our upgrade a lowdown cabin.  The 3 for free deal that's going on?  Not worth it to me with the upgrade included.  Give me something decent other than a so-called "upgrade" and make it sound like you're getting a deal.  BS!

If we had a Caribe deck balcony we would have marked it "no upgrade"

On 9/10/2019 at 8:50 AM, geoherb said:

I usually book last-minute guarantee cabins. Most of the time we receive slight upgrades--such as from a Cat. IF to a Cat. IB on our cruise later this month. A few times we've received very good upgrades: from inside to ocean view cabins and from obstructed ocean view cabins to unobstructed ones. Only once did we receive a really great upgrade from an obstructed view cabin to a cabin with a balcony. And once we received a horrible upgrade from a guarantee obstructed view to the tiniest possible inside cabin with a recessed port hole on the CB. It was so small that there was only one nightstand beside the bed. In my opinion, Princess should really reclassify this cabin as obstructed view.

How is that an upgrade?