cabin location on oceana

gillyg

Hi everyone. we are looking at cruising next May on Oceana and prefer midship outside cabins. Anyone advise on good/best location (or indeed ones to avoid - we were once below the pool on a previous cruise and swore never again!)

36 minutes ago, gillyg said:

Hi everyone. we are looking at cruising next May on Oceana and prefer midship outside cabins. Anyone advise on good/best location (or indeed ones to avoid - we were once below the pool on a previous cruise and swore never again!)

Did you get wet then?... Only joking 🙃. Best advice I can give you is to study the deck plans and ensure you are surrounded by other cabins above, below, and around. Avoid being adjacent to white spaces on the plans as you can’t be sure what they are. Choice of cabin is very personal, but a little bit of work and you can find the ideal location for you. Link to deck plan below (scroll down to see them).

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-ships/oceana/2

Avoid whichever deck Cafe Jardin is situated.  Its location can stop your direct movement forward - aft.

I think it’s the deck which has obscured view cabins?

Also, if you want a queen bed, make sure you choseca cabin where that is possible

There are some larger (and more expensive) outsides somewhere.  If you’d like more space, have a look at them

I agree with the advice to study the deck plans

3 hours ago, Les_ldh said:

Did you get wet then?... Only joking 🙃

I have been on a cruise where cabins directly below a swimming pool had major issues.  I assume feed pipes had become very leaky trickling down to cabins below. Mattresses had to be withdrawn from a series of cabins carpets were relaid and dehumidifiers were needed to sort out the final moisture issue. Total ruining the ambience of the holiday for some. I have no idea what arrangements were made for them.   Walked past the aftermath in the corridor for three days.  The usual issue is early early morning dragged loungers upstairs.  Avoid below open decks particularly Lido.

Regards John

B deck, is a good choice, we were on a night Caribbean cruise last year, & we return to Oceana next week in Malta, on B deck.

Regards,   Grumpycruiser

Sailed on Oceana, Britannia, Arcadia, HAL, Statendam, Zuiderdam, Rotterdam, plus worked on board old Statendam.

Edited by Grumpycruiser60plus
update

3 hours ago, john watson said:

I have been on a cruise where cabins directly below a swimming pool had major issues.  I assume feed pipes had become very leaky trickling down to cabins below. Mattresses had to be withdrawn from a series of cabins carpets were relaid and dehumidifiers were needed to sort out the final moisture issue. Total ruining the ambience of the holiday for some. I have no idea what arrangements were made for them.   Walked past the aftermath in the corridor for three days.  The usual issue is early early morning dragged loungers upstairs.  Avoid below open decks particularly Lido.

Regards John

Many years ago I was on a cruise on the old Arcadia (later Ocean Village) when the swimmimg pool sprung a leak and flooded a number of cabins on the deck below.

1 hour ago, Denarius said:

Many years ago I was on a cruise on the old Arcadia (later Ocean Village) when the swimming pool sprung a leak and flooded a number of cabins on the deck below.

It is not as outlandishly rare as Les seems to be thinking.

Regards John