Any laundry facilities on the Dawn?

KKMMex

NO - self-service laundry facilities on any NCL ship.

Most all ships will do laundry at any time for a fee

On cruises longer that several days there will be a "Bag Deal" $19.95 for all the clothing you can stuff in a

pillow case size bag.

Some laundered items are pressed after washing drying

With loyalty Platinum status - laundry is complimentary

There is dry cleaning available - but no discounts

Edited by don't-use-real-name
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, KKMMex said:

Are there any facilities to do self-laundry? If not, can you send clothes out to be laundered or pressed?

No Norwegian ship has a self-service laundry.  There is a "Pressing Special" on Embarkation Day and mid week there will a "Fill The Bag Laundry Special".  I think it is about $20 for everything in the bag.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KKMMex said:

Thank you so much for the quick reply!

It is typically two day service, offered on day four of the cruise, returning on day six. So it’s really at the end of the cruise where you have this laundry special.  Last month, it was done on day five returning on day seven on the Joy. 

Edited by BirdTravels

Back when the Dawn & Gem-class ships were new all the ships in each class had self-service laundry on Decks 10-12, I think.  We used them quite a bit before before achieving higher Latitudes status that included a freebie bag of laundry for each of us on every cruise.  We were on Gem (back in '16) and needed to launder some stuff quickly & discovered the self service laundries had been removed!  Bummer!!!  I still had the incomparable Klaus Lugmaier's email from the Gem's inaugural season (he was Hotel Director on the Gem for that first season in 2007) so I emailed him after the cruise & asked where they "disappeared" to?  He told me they had been removed during the first refurbishment of each ship due to lack of use.  He told me in the email that they hadn't gotten the use NCL had anticipated so they converted them to inside cabins.  So the Dawn DID have them at one time...

Edited by tomk3212