Karaoke programming

singingthinker

2 hours ago, singingthinker said:

TM- I agree with you. Princess is probably not the line for me if I care about singing during the cruise. I will look into other lines.

Consider a longer cruise with more sea days.

In those you will usually have the Princess Pop Choir, in which a group of 20 to 50 will rehearse most sea days and perform 6 or 8 songs in the Piazza near the  end of the cruise.

Nobody gets a solo, but it's lots of fun.

Jim

• Like 1

My wife and I sing at home and sometimes when we cruise. It varies so much from cruise to cruise on what your experience will be. She has sung with the live band and loved it, I have not...yet.

Besides having a bad KJ, I hate when a large group will take over the venue and control everything.

Either way, sing and smile away.

My wife and I like to ballroom dance. Of course that is always left to chance depending on the bands playing that cruise and it's usually in the smaller Wheelhouse Bar. I also see Karaoke almost all the time. It never seems to interfere and is usually in a different room, like the Explorer Lounge or some other spot. Sometimes there's a good crowd, other times it has mostly the singers and their friends as the only attendees. I don't see why they can't accommodate both.

• 2 years later...

The complainers are usually the ones who can not sing.  They complain about having karaoke. They forget that nobody is forced to be at a karaoke. If you don't like it, stay away. If I don't like to dance do they remove the dance music? Of course not! So, don't complain and stay away. Let the karaoke singers have their fun!

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 8:59 AM, Kate P.C said:

Haha, that is funny, I heard it's a Phillippino thing😄

Very popular in the Philippines and crazy popular in Korea, but invented by Japanese businessmen who wanted to drink, sing, and have fun.

I like karaoke and sing in my basement almost every weekend. All you need is a laptop, karaoke sound mixer, hook up to Youtube and it's game on.  But I would not karaoke on a cruise ship if everyone is sharing the same mic and spitting droplets into it while singing. Just not worth the health risk.