Going from the ship to the tram at Coco Cay

5xGrandma

How does a person who can walk some small distance w/o help get from the ship to the pier where the tram is. I understand that a scooter would be bogged down in the sand. I would like to not take it in the sand. Is there a place at the end of the pier you can leave it while you are on the island.

41 minutes ago, 5xGrandma said:

How does a person who can walk some small distance w/o help get from the ship to the pier where the tram is. I understand that a scooter would be bogged down in the sand. I would like to not take it in the sand. Is there a place at the end of the pier you can leave it while you are on the island.

Are you asking about Coco Cay, Labadee, or someplace else?

• Clarea changed the title to Going from the ship to the tram at Coco Cay

They usually have wheelchairs with large beach wheels on them, and for a tip, they will "drive" you wherever you want to go!  I always see them on Labadee, however I have not been to Coco Cay yet (going next May!), but I am sure they have them too....maybe someone who has been there can attest to this?

39 minutes ago, SuiteLady said:

They usually have wheelchairs with large beach wheels on them, and for a tip, they will "drive" you wherever you want to go!  I always see them on Labadee, however I have not been to Coco Cay yet (going next May!), but I am sure they have them too....maybe someone who has been there can attest to this?

Yes there are wheelchairs with large beach tyres on them at Coco Cay.

We saw plenty round the Island but not where people were getting them from.

Edited by Tin can

There are two separate trams on Coco Cay. One is a pier  tram and one is the island tram  When you get off the ship,  you get on the pier tram that will take you down the pier to the island tram station. You get off the pier tram and get on the island tram and that takes you almost around the entire island. 

Depending on where you need to go, and your mobility, you can walk to your destination from the island tram or you may need to use a beach wheelchair. 

M