Cape Liberty arrival time

Kspray818

When I checked in for our cruise, the earliest arrival time I can pick is 11:30am. If we get there around 9:30 or 10, do you think we will have to wait long to get on board? We’re arriving early because 2 people are flying in and they will be at the port early. 6 of us are Gold members but 2 grandparents are not. Will the 2 be able to come aboard w us instead of a separate line? Thank you.

I've gotten there at 10 twice...ship usually starts boarding between 10:30 and 11:00 and they board based on classes / arrival time.  Worst case seems to be is after parking, checking in, you sit around for an hour and let the excitement build.  This is what it looked like about 10:20 last time out and once they start boarding it goes right quick

IMG_1501.thumb.JPG.d7ac033d0ca354a0a7f980aa5a07439a.JPG

Edited by dodgestang

I have sailed out of Bayonne several times and I find that arriving between 10-10:30 is perfect.  The line of traffic getting to the pier has not backed up too much yet, and last time we checked in and literally walked right on the ship- no waiting!  We might have had priority embarkation though, but I have had that before and had to wait for a bit.  At Cape Liberty, the check in counters are by class:  Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Suites, Key, Pinnacle, etc. 

Just now, Kspray818 said:

Do we still have to check in if we already did online check in? If so, do you think the non Gold members can line up w us? 

You still have to show your ID documents to one of the check-in agents.  Port personnel will decide if the non-Gold members can cut in line. If not, just line up with them, the difference is minimal.

2 minutes ago, Kspray818 said:

Do we still have to check in if we already did online check in? If so, do you think the non Gold members can line up w us? 

You will all be able to check in together.  We don't use the counters at Cape Liberty, we use one of the people with a tablet.  They just verify your set sail passes, check your photo and retake if needed and then they stamp your set sail pass.  You will all be able to board together if boarding has started or you will be sent to chairs.  You should all be able to sit in the gold area, if not, just sit in the other area, they will direct you on where to go.

Just now, DaniDanielle said:

Boarding is pretty easy at Cape Liberty.  We have checked in numerous times with our Platinum level children.  There are plenty of checkin people separate and at desks.  Just don’t arrive very late, things seem to backup after noon.

When are you guys on Anthem again?  We are sailing December 1st. 🙂