Navigator Fitness Center

23 minutes ago, rsfunk said:

Wondering if anyone has any pics of the new and not improved (from what I hear) fitness center on the Navigator?

Thanks in Advance!

No pics, but I can tell ya what I know. The area is not bad, it is just more cramped, and not a lot of views to the sea, in fact in an area that there are windows, it is block by the water pipes passing by. The ceiling seems lower, and that probably has to do with the slides above. Actually as you are about to walk into the fitness center, you can hear water rushing through the wall/ceiling via the pipes that they have. 

There was weights, and about 8 treadmills. Also, I saw roughly 8 stationary bikes give or take. It's not as good as it used to be, but it still functions well. 

I found a video on YouTube before I sailed. I would do a search within the past year on there. 

It’s terrible. If you’ve sailed in Voyager or Freedom class ships before, you’re probably going to be very disappointed. I’m hoping it was more work than anticipated since construction wasn’t done during the first few weeks after drydock and they won’t do it to Freedom during her upcoming revamp 😞  

2 minutes ago, Firefighterhoop said:

It is very small, and nothing like it used to be - however - on the 3 and 4 day cruises the gym's don't get used nearly as much.  

Even on a short cruise, we would miss the sauna.

7 hours ago, OSUZorba said:

Ridiculous they made this so much smaller, but had no problem taking up room with spin bikes that will only be used a couple of hours per cruise.

Are the spinning classes extra cost?

9 hours ago, OSUZorba said:

Ridiculous they made this so much smaller, but had no problem taking up room with spin bikes that will only be used a couple of hours per cruise.

I don't think it's that much smaller. It was more divided than other class gym I've been in.

24 minutes ago, Big_G said:

I don't think it's that much smaller. It was more divided than other class gym I've been in.

The original Voyager fitness centers had like 20 treadmills and probably 10 bikes and other 10-15 ellipticals.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Are the spinning classes extra cost?

Yes, I think they are $15/ea and in my experience they won't let the spin bikes be used outside of a class.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, racerxspeedy said:

We sailed a couple weeks ago and the gym was not busy the mornings I visited. 

I get that people like to complain but to me the gym looks as good as any hotel. If there is enough machines/equipment to accommodate those who want to workout then it was probably a good decision to downsize.  I also don't get the people that have to use a sauna or steam room.   I'm sure some people like it but it is that big of thing that you can't go a week without?   how do you travel anywhere as most hotels don't have steam rooms unless you go to a spa?     

The problem we found hasn't been mentioned here....they've locked out 75% of the incline functions of the treadmills to 0 because the ceilings are SO low. Only specific treadmills with ceiling cutouts have the incline function enabled. Talk about a mess and that shows they know they messed up. Definitely a BAD situation in the gym when you can't raise free weights over your head.

We didn't have any issues getting machines on the 4 nighter, but I was very frustrated with the treadmills.

22 hours ago, bradski said:

I get that people like to complain but to me the gym looks as good as any hotel. If there is enough machines/equipment to accommodate those who want to workout then it was probably a good decision to downsize.  I also don't get the people that have to use a sauna or steam room.   I'm sure some people like it but it is that big of thing that you can't go a week without?   how do you travel anywhere as most hotels don't have steam rooms unless you go to a spa?     

It's not necessarily that people are upset about "going a week without" the sauna/steam room. For some folks, their cruise vacation is the only time they get to use such facilities, or, as in our case, it is a big part of the relaxation of going on a cruise. So to have a ship that now basically has no sauna/steam room for general use, and no thermal suite, it takes that ship out of the running for us when selecting a cruise. Lots of people book vacations, cruise or land-based, purposely at venues that have spas or steam/sauna facilities, so taking them away (in the case of Navigator) is, in my thinking, a mistake. And the worst part is, the Voyager-class (like the Freedom-class) ships had such beautiful fitness center facilities and fine locker rooms with the steam rooms and saunas. It is/was a crime to destroy those facilities.