Silver Galapagos Snorkeling/Kayaking

nynewfies

On 9/18/2019 at 7:42 PM, nynewfies said:

He is getting stronger every day.  I think he'll find enough to do to make it worthwhile for him.  And getting in shape for this cruise has been invaluable as a goal to motivate him to work hard with his physical therapy.  At the rate that he is improving, I think he will be fine.  Thanks again for the information!

I went on the trip on 4 Sept and they would not let me snorkel because I could not walk a mile

https://grandmargalapagos.travellerspoint.com/19/

On 12/3/2021 at 5:47 PM, grandmaR said:

I went on the trip on 4 Sept and they would not let me snorkel because I could not walk a mile

https://grandmargalapagos.travellerspoint.com/19/

You have to sign a statement that you have no heart or lung problems and that you can walk a mile in 12 minutes.  If you cannot, they will not let you snorkel no matter how good a swimmer you are.  In their view, you don't need to be able to swim to snorkel  (they give you snorkeling vests)

I realize this thread has been running for awhile but I have to chip in one thing.  In all of my SS excursions the best, most fun, coolest experience I have had was in the Galapagos where on the 2nd day we went snorkeling off the beach, just a slightly wet landing on the sand.  And we were in the middle of a sea lion rookery,  There were at least 100 sea lions.  And they are so used to humans they wanted to play.  They would come at us, a little scary at first because these things weigh about 180 pounds, but then they would jump over you, go under you, or veer off.  I was laughing so hard I almost flooded, my mask.  Then there was a lot of mating going on on the beach, there were a a dozen or so of sea lion pups.  An experience not to be missed.  

• Like 2