Discount when booking a cruise while on board?

George C

Just OBC -- up to $200 USD, and reduced deposits.

But it's weird -- when I asked if the price changes, can I get the reduced rate and they said you can only ask them to price match once, even if it is way before final payment.

• Like 1

I booked on the Seaside - two future cruises. One near Christmas and March Break (Canada). There was OBC credit given, you could use it on your current cruise or the bookings - I chose my bookings. Low deposits were made. 

After I came back months later I noticed both cruises were on the voyagers selection 😮 so I received 15% more off, got to keep my OBC from original bookings and got additional OBC for my level with booking the voyagers selection. I cannot believe how much I saved!!!! Ty MSC. 😍

• Like 1

I booked 4 cruises while onboard Seaside last year for cruises in 2020.  I had to change my July to a cruise in June. Tried to move booking and TA said MSC would not do it.  Told me I had to cancell and get a refund of the $198.  Then book the new dates with a new deposit of $398 and loose the $200 OBC for each week since it was no longer an on board booking.  TA argued my case but said MSC said that is the way they do it.  I was a little disappointed in how they treat their returning customers that booked future cruises on board.  Had to wait in line a few times to get the bookings done at their future cruise desk.  There were only 2 crew members that did reservations.  I did ask the YC director why there were no future cruise consultants in the top sail lounge for bookings from guests.  He replied that was how it was done per Miami.  I said it was a lost opportunity because MSC did not make it easy to rebook their highest spending guests.  Although I believe they do have future cruise consultants at certain times by the concierge desk on seaside.

Hi Frank808,

I asked the YC concierge to set up an appointment with the future cruise consultant, and provided a few time slots of “availability” (it’s a no brainer on a sea day, and by providing options, it looks like you are empowering them to choose).

So, I had an appointment in the YC, obviously no queue.  And then made sure to set down a time for a follow-up meeting.

The perks we got were OBC and very small deposit (because our booking went through MSC USA). I saw the price a bit lower a few weeks later, but not enough to even consider calling. 

Patrick

• Like 1