Solmar Beach Resort Day

willcruiseanythyme

Has anyone ever been to the Solmar Beach Resort?  By the pictures it doesn't look very spectacular.  Plus it's on the Pacific Ocean side of Cabo.  I just wonder if the ocean is swimmable there and if this is going to be worth it.  I really enjoy a resort day when I have access to their pools/beach/etc.  I booked this excursion through HAL before they listed which resort it would be at.  Now I'm second guessing my choice.  Any info from first hand experience would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I also got the notice that the excursion was now designated for Solmar - I thought the pictures of the resort I saw on line looked fine, and the Trip Advisor reviews were favorable.  With the excursion including the buffet plus two drinks each, we thought the price was a good value.

My husband and I are the type who like to walk the beach, not swim in the water - we're more 'pool' folks so I'm sure we'll find a nice spot to park and enjoy the day.  We'll be there in a couple weeks so I'll report back after I return.

On 10/6/2019 at 4:40 PM, knippsel said:

The Solmar beach is definately NOT swimmable.  Strong undertow.  But the beach itself is nice to stroll and enjoy.

Thanks Knippsel - fortunately being able to swim in the beach isn't a deal-breaker for us.  We'll enjoy our stroll but cool off in the pool.