Taxis in Dubai are they safe

kruisey

6 hours ago, kruisey said:

Thank you for your answers.Do they take credit cards for payment?

Yes.  But ask first just in case.  Many of the government taxis RTA accept Careem taxi ride app too.  And Uber is still available also.  The government taxis have WiFi too.

As others have already responded, RTA taxis are perfectly safe to use.  They are all metered and monitored via GPS by the control centre.  With regard to payment, I always use cash and have never really given any thought to whether they accept credit cards of not so can't confirm whether they do or not.   

Anne..

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:23 AM, kruisey said:

With being slightly disabled cannot get up steps in couches.So was wondering if when one gets of the ship to catch a cab on my own?

So, I take taxi's all over the world, and Dubai, like all over the world, a taxi is safe until something happens.  For example, most people say, I always take a taxi, and was always safe.  So generally, it would be safe, but you always should know where you are going, and know if you are going the right way.  Example is that I often use my phone to know if I'm heading toward where I want to go.  Especially when dealing with other languages.  Taxi drivers are just people making a living. 

Another person wanted to know if they take credit cards.  So generally you should always assume that they don't.  I never leave home without cash in local currencies.  Worst thing to happen is being stranded without cash.