EZAIR and Codeshare

ihopfar

Hi,

Does anyone have experience using EZAIR to book a codeshare flight?  Pros/cons?

It's too early to book my flights for next August, but British Airways is the only non stop carrier from my preferred airport.  However the flight is also sold by American Airlines under a standard codeshare agreement. 

Looks like EZAIR will sell me tickets via either for the same flights and the fare may not be the same. 

Should I book whichever is cheaper?  Should I book BA since it is their flight?  Should I book with AA since I have one of their credit cards?

Thanks!

Brad

It’s been my experience that the rules for the actual airline flying the aircraft will apply.  So if booking in economy the BA rules for luggage & seat assignment fee would apply even if flying as an AA codeshare.

Having an AA credit card you apparently accumulate AAdvantage Miles so maybe research if there’s any difference between booking with AA or BA for miles earned.

If all things are equal then price would be my deciding factor...or if there’s a significant price difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ihopfar said:

Hi,

Does anyone have experience using EZAIR to book a codeshare flight?  Pros/cons?

It's too early to book my flights for next August, but British Airways is the only non stop carrier from my preferred airport.  However the flight is also sold by American Airlines under a standard codeshare agreement. 

Looks like EZAIR will sell me tickets via either for the same flights and the fare may not be the same. 

Should I book whichever is cheaper?  Should I book BA since it is their flight?  Should I book with AA since I have one of their credit cards?

Thanks!

Brad

Only you can decide what is most important to you.  The operating airline has control of the flight and EZ-Air doesn't impact much beyond pricing.  You have to deal with the operating airline's seat selection policies and fees, including any upgrades.  I am pretty agnostic with airlines now, unless it is one with a bad rep or poor seating.  If you book with EZ-Air and use your AA credit card, you are going to earn points, right?  Or another credit card can get you something as well no doubt.  The little I have shopped on EZ-Air it appears as though codeshares cost more.  They also may have limited inventory.  I would probably try and deal with the airline operating the plane in case anything goes wrong mid-trip.  It is easier to change flights or get re-booked in case of issues when travelling if you have a ticket from the operating airline.

ETA:  Adding to Astro's comment, in my experience, if two airlines are members of same alliance, you are going to earn the same FF miles.  What will possibly be different is whether you can accumulate status miles on partner tickets.  This used to be more open when I was flying all the time for business.  Now I believe there are more limitations and there is a max miles per year can be earned on partner carriers versus your "home" carrier.  If you aren't in the FF status game, then don't worry.  If you are a casual leisure traveller, never going to get a status worth anything.

Edited by steelers36