November 2019 cruise on Ovation departing Sydney

keithsande

Hi Everybody,

My family and I are booked on the Ovation for 11nts departing Sydney on 23rd Nov 2019.

We have booked our shore excursions, but having difficulty making head or tail of the onboard activities and dining options.

The kids are 15 and 17 - yes they want wifi!!!!

We have mytime dining and my understanding is that you can eat for free almost anywhere - in the main 4 restaurants - but should book a table

We are still unsure if we should get the drinks package - we do like a wine, beer and odd cocktail!  Is it worth it??  Is there ever a sale??

Is there a fridge in the cabins - we have 2 external balcony cabins

Can you really take 2 bottles of wine onboard per cabin?

Should we book as much as possible in advance?

Any other tips or tricks that will make our holiday - much needed any better??

Thank you in advance

11 minutes ago, keithsande said:

We are still unsure if we should get the drinks package - we do like a wine, beer and odd cocktail!  Is it worth it??  Is there ever a sale?? ...

If you mention exactly what drinks you will consume, on average every day, we can tell you if the package will save you money.  If you are only have one glass of wine, one beer, and one cocktail per day, then you would likely be better off without a package. "Sales" happen all the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keithsande said:

Thank you - we would normally have a few beers, a cocktail and a wine or 2 per day

If you average two beers, a cocktail, and two glasses of wine per day, including port days, you're up to around USD 62 including tip.  Compare that to the price you see in your Cruise Planner.

With things like iFly, shows and NorthStar booking as early is possible is definitely the way to go. On the other hand I have never made bookings for My Time Dining ahead of time. I am a big fan of turning up when I am ready to eat depending on how the day has gone.

There are cruise planner sales when wifi, shore excursions, etc. are cheaper but you may be too late as they have largely moved on from offering sales on the trips this year and have been offering them on the ones next year (Jan-April) instead.

You can bring 2 bottles of wine per stateroom. You may also find it cheaper to but a bottle of wine onboard rather than by the glass especially as it can follow you throughout the ship over multiple nights.