Formal Night Attire on Asian Cruises

DaBook

Looks Like 3 Formal Nights on our 16 day cruise from Singapore north to Shanghai - Octogenarian Parents  & 3 middle aged ladies traveling.

Been on several Princess cruises  but never in this part of the world - Will formal nights here be similar? 

If there are other differences - Other than attire -  would love to hear about that too.

I Thank You In advance for Any and All Comments &  Suggestions.   

• Like 1

This is a fantastic trip - you guys will have a wonderful time.  We've found that European itineraries seem to adhere more to the MDR dress requests, both on regular and formal evenings.  Asia was the same. 

One note that we found fun, there will be very few Americans onboard.  The majority were Australian, European, or Asian - likely due to the distance.  It is well worth the trip, was one of my favorite cruises.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cruisin' for a Bruisin' said:

This is a fantastic trip - you guys will have a wonderful time.  We've found that European itineraries seem to adhere more to the MDR dress requests, both on regular and formal evenings.  Asia was the same. 

One note that we found fun, there will be very few Americans onboard.  The majority were Australian, European, or Asian - likely due to the distance.  It is well worth the trip, was one of my favorite cruises.

O Thank You!!  This wasn't my first Itinerary choice - But  agreed , as to be able to help my folks plan and make the most of the Sites at the ports. I am so happy to hear your Positive Thoughts!!

I'll stress that I've not done a Princess cruise in Asia.  That said, I have travelled extensively in Asia for business and would expect greater adherence to the letter of the dress code than one might expect on U.S. sailings.  It's simply a fact that Asian cultures remain more formal than most of us Westerners.  

Just my opinion, but I suspect you'll report afterwards that I hit the nail on the head.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jondfk said:

I'll stress that I've not done a Princess cruise in Asia.  That said, I have travelled extensively in Asia for business and would expect greater adherence to the letter of the dress code than one might expect on U.S. sailings.  It's simply a fact that Asian cultures remain more formal than most of us Westerners.  

Just my opinion, but I suspect you'll report afterwards that I hit the nail on the head.

I agree with this. My cruise was on Celebrity-Japan & South Korea. Many were dressed very formally.

• Like 2