No Balcony and No Drink Package This Time, Will I Survive?

Ukigirl

4 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

I understand those are not the rules now,  did they change this or did we happen to sneak under the radar both times? ...

The rules did change a year or so ago.  RUles used to prohibit any beverage except for the two bottles of wine per stateroom.  As always, your experience may vary.  Sometimes the rules are enforced, sometimes not.

Going on  5 night in December and will likely not do the drink package unless the Black Friday deal is significant.  With 2 port stops (one being Key West, YAY!)  it just doesn't make financial sense.  In order to get my money's worth, I'd have to start early and finish late - I'm just not that kind of drinker.  I also don't drink the fancy, sugar-laden drinks of the day and not a big wine drinker.  The last time I purchased at drink package was for a 40th birthday cruise with friends.  Definitely got my money's worth then - but it took me a week to recover afterward!

So yes, I vote for survival!

17 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Sometimes the rules are enforced, sometimes not.

Exactly, sometimes they allow it and sometimes they don't. The 2 bottles of Wine is always fine, as far as water and soda, whatever you take just be prepared to lose it if the people at the port are having a bad day, if it gets through just count it as  plus. Just don't let it ruin your vacation if it doesn't get onboard.

Edited by Jimbo

2 hours ago, momofmab said:

Going on  5 night in December and will likely not do the drink package unless the Black Friday deal is significant.  With 2 port stops (one being Key West, YAY!)  it just doesn't make financial sense.  In order to get my money's worth, I'd have to start early and finish late - I'm just not that kind of drinker.  I also don't drink the fancy, sugar-laden drinks of the day and not a big wine drinker.  The last time I purchased at drink package was for a 40th birthday cruise with friends.  Definitely got my money's worth then - but it took me a week to recover afterward!

So yes, I vote for survival!

The problem I have with the drink package is that by Day 3 I need a break...  and on a 5 day, that's 20% of the cost...  so I tend to not buy on shorter ones.

One of my best cruises was a last minute on the Majesty for a 3 nighter. NO balcony!  I wasn't sure how I would like it but for 3 nights it was fine ( I did have a window) It was so much fun cause I had no expectations & the smaller ship was easier getting around. Would do it again in a heartbeat!   I brought my 2 bottles of wine & hubby drank beer so no drink package worked great for us. I'm not a day drinker though.

Edited by Jax129