Zinger Chairs

Orlando Vic

My husband uses a Zinger and we are very pleased with it.  We have used it on 2 cruises with no problems.  Both were newer, big ships (Oasis of the Seas and Regal Princess).  By remembering to charge it each night (or during the day if just sitting in the room) and turning it off when not moving we have not had an issue with the battery.  No problems with the gangways.  In fact, the crew is always there wanting to assist.  It does have a very tight turning radius which makes it very easy to use the elevators, pull up to a dining table, get situated at the entertainment venues, etc.  The only place I noticed a drawback was in the buffet.  Since the Zinger requires both hands to operate it, it's challenging for him to serve himself and balance a plate on his lap.  Of course, most times a crew member will assist if needed.  Sorry, there is another drawback: at times I find it difficult to keep up with him.  The chair can go much faster than I am able to walk!

I see you are in Central Florida.  So are we.  If you haven't seen one in person, I can give you the name of a company in Leesburg that carries them.  

6 hours ago, SeaBurd said:

My husband uses a Zinger and we are very pleased with it.  We have used it on 2 cruises with no problems.  Both were newer, big ships (Oasis of the Seas and Regal Princess).  By remembering to charge it each night (or during the day if just sitting in the room) and turning it off when not moving we have not had an issue with the battery.  No problems with the gangways.  In fact, the crew is always there wanting to assist.  It does have a very tight turning radius which makes it very easy to use the elevators, pull up to a dining table, get situated at the entertainment venues, etc.  The only place I noticed a drawback was in the buffet.  Since the Zinger requires both hands to operate it, it's challenging for him to serve himself and balance a plate on his lap.  Of course, most times a crew member will assist if needed.  Sorry, there is another drawback: at times I find it difficult to keep up with him.  The chair can go much faster than I am able to walk!

I see you are in Central Florida.  So are we.  If you haven't seen one in person, I can give you the name of a company in Leesburg that carries them.  

Thanks for the information. It is very encouraging.

We live in Altamonte Springs and would like to have the ,contact information for the dealer in Leesburg. It would certainly be worthwhile to see one first hand. TIA!

3 minutes ago, Orlando Vic said:

Thanks for the information. It is very encouraging.

We live in Altamonte Springs and would like to have the ,contact information for the dealer in Leesburg. It would certainly be worthwhile to see one first hand. TIA!

Mr. Mobility, 1520 S 14th St, Leesburg, FL 34748 - (352) 323-8585

We were in to buy something else and showed them our Zinger.  Next time we went in we noticed they had 2 on the floor!

Yes, that is a drawback.  For our purposes, the benefits far outweigh this inconvenience.  Being able to fold it and transport it in just about any vehicle is great.  In addition to using it on cruises, we also took two trips on the AutoTrain (Florida to Washington, DC) with it in a handicap sleeper! 

1 hour ago, SeaBurd said:

Yes, that is a drawback.  For our purposes, the benefits far outweigh this inconvenience.  Being able to fold it and transport it in just about any vehicle is great.  In addition to using it on cruises, we also took two trips on the AutoTrain (Florida to Washington, DC) with it in a handicap sleeper! 

Do you possibly use a ramp to help get it in and out of the car's trunk?

2 minutes ago, Orlando Vic said:

Do you possibly use a ramp to help get it in and out of the car's trunk?

No.  We have a van and just lift it in through the side door.  We have lifted it to put it in the back also.  It weighs 46 lbs. which is not a big deal for the younger folk.  If I really work at it, I can manage to get it into the car by myself but it is so much easier if my husband helps. 

Technique?  I'm not young enough or strong enough to just lift it by myself, so if I have to do it alone, I pad the edge of the car (so I don't scratch the car) then lean the folded Zinger up against it, tilt it back, and push it in.  To get it out, just reverse the procedure.  One trick, the wheels can tend to get in the way so we use a bungee cord to hold them in place.  

I purchased a fold-n-go wheelchair. It is about the same weight but only requires one hand to operate the joy stick. I really like it. I also bought an accordian bumper protector that helps to get it into our car. The joy stick can go on either arm rest, you chose that when you order. I felt OK ordering it over the internet as the company is in Texas and  the owner is handicapped. The website was helpful. I find the chair more comfortable than my previous scooter on cobbles but it is not like sitting in a recliner.

Edited by katisdale

1 hour ago, katisdale said:

I purchased a fold-n-go wheelchair. It is about the same weight but only requires one hand to operate the joy stick. I really like it. I also bought an accordian bumper protector that helps to get it into our car. The joy stick can go on either arm rest, you chose that when you order. I felt OK ordering it over the internet as the company is in Texas and  the owner is handicapped. The website was helpful. I find the chair more comfortable than my previous scooter on cobbles but it is not like sitting in a recliner.

One of mine is similar to the fold and go, but with a bigger weight capacity and can remote control it and it remote folds, a great chair.