Debarkation in LA

teacher/bartender

Good Morning!

We are cruising on the Joy out of LA in December.  I'm curious if anybody can share the Debarkation process.

We had an afternoon flight out of LAX and just got notice that the flight time has been bumped up to 10:50am.

What time are people usually off the ship in LA?  

Trying to decide if that is too early to make our flight?  Can we walk off with our luggage quicker? (I've done that before on another line).

We have a private transfer already booked so waiting for a shuttle won't be an issue. 

Thanks for any advice!  

I suspect you'll get lots of answers to this.  For me, a 10:50 a.m. flight would be too early.  While I don't know what day of the week your cruise ends, Los Angeles traffic can be problematic on any day/time.  And LAX itself can be crowded traffic-wise.

Having said that, I admit to having "control issues" and I just don't like finishing a vacation knowing that there is a challenge making a flight.

Yes, walking off with your luggage will be quicker than waiting for your color to be called.  

Enjoy your cruise.

LAX can be horrible even after you get there.   Our last SWA flight on a Sunday, lined up out the terminal and down the street for half a block jus to get in and checked in.  Then security was the same thing.  That total process alone took well over an hour and that was before getting out the gate.   Could be done but have a plan B available.  

We had a 10:00 am flight last year after getting off the Bliss on a Saturday. I must admit that I was a little concerned about the short window but we lined up to self disembark about 6:15 (disembarkation started at 7) and we were to LAX right at 8:00. It couldn’t have gone smoother! Does it always work like that? I don’t know but our alternative was to get a later flight out and land after midnight to our final destination. We decided to take the chance. 

Call

15 hours ago, smplybcause said:

With that large of a time change you can call the airline and request a different, later flight if you so desire and they shouldn't charge you. 

II would call the airline and see if you can get a bit later flight, if not make sure you do an early walk off. Even on weekends LAX can be a nightmare. 

Going through TSA is the worst, but I am sure you will be ok. I don't NCL would have put you on a flight that you can not make.

Can someone tell me which way is most cost effective?  There are 2 of us and our flight isn't until 1.  I did a test rate on uber and it said $52?  I'm not sure that is correct.  I know NCL is $20 per person for transfer.  Doesn't seem like we will be in a big hurry.  Maybe super shuttle?   

10 minutes ago, briternik said:

Can someone tell me which way is most cost effective?  There are 2 of us and our flight isn't until 1.  I did a test rate on uber and it said $52?  I'm not sure that is correct.  I know NCL is $20 per person for transfer.  Doesn't seem like we will be in a big hurry.  Maybe super shuttle?   

I just looked at my Uber receipt from 2016 and it was $50.38 from San Pedro to LAX.  In 2017 we used the NCL transfer and it was total chaos but a tad cheaper.  I'll probably Uber next time.

5 hours ago, briternik said:

$52 seems too high for Uber.