Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle-Downtown

disneylover89

Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle-Downtown?  How is it?  I have stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Miami and it is our favorite hotel.  They serve a nice free breakfast and the rooms were always clean and a nice size for 4 people.  I do know they  have been doing renovations but hopefully they will be done by July 2020

Have you looked at TripAdvisor? That would be a better source for reviews.

Are you referencing Hampton Inn Brickell? If so, that is perhaps the best Hampton Inn I have ever stayed at (and, as an almost Lifetime Diamond, have stayed at a good number of Hamptons), so the chances of this one being inferior to what you are used to in Miami is probably better than 50-50. 

• Like 1

The main thing about the Hampton Inn "downtown" is that it isn't.  It's close to Seattle Center (Space Needle, MoPop, Chihuly) but it's a couple of miles or more from the other downtown attractions like the Pike Place market, Pioneer Square, central waterfront, etc.  While there are some restaurants and pubs nearby, the density is nowhere like what you'd find in a real "downtown" location.

Now that may be fine with you, or it might mean a lot of time spent hiking to transit stops.  Sort of depends on what you want to do while you're here, how long you'll be here, etc.  Map showing locations - https://goo.gl/maps/b3JVWnViE4jvLwVB9

17 minutes ago, Gardyloo said:

The main thing about the Hampton Inn "downtown" is that it isn't.  It's close to Seattle Center (Space Needle, MoPop, Chihuly) but it's a couple of miles or more from the other downtown attractions like the Pike Place market, Pioneer Square, central waterfront, etc.  While there are some restaurants and pubs nearby, the density is nowhere like what you'd find in a real "downtown" location.

Now that may be fine with you, or it might mean a lot of time spent hiking to transit stops.  Sort of depends on what you want to do while you're here, how long you'll be here, etc.  Map showing locations - https://goo.gl/maps/b3JVWnViE4jvLwVB9

Thank you, I did not know this.  Do you have a favorite hotel in Seattle? I know a lot of people like the Edgewater and Marriot Waterfront but they cost double than the Hampton Inn & Suites.

I'd still keep looking at Seattle Center if you are at all price-sensitive - it's not just Waterfront Hotels, but the ssame quality of hotel in Downtown vs Center would also be pricier. The Hampton suffers some from being over at the near-the-highway end of Roy so GL is absolutely right to flag it as an extra walk to almost everything,  but if you stay further along on Queen Anne end you can easily find yourself with a plethora of restos and a useful bus stop within about a block of your hotel - the Mediterranean Inn is a great budget hotel here for example, with rooms that have AC (not at all common in Seattle's cheaper hotels!) and a roof deck that gives views over the water.

Most folks want to visit at least a couple of things in Seattle Center so even if you do also want to visit the market/waterfront, if you spend the same or more time at the Needle, Chihuly MoPop, Science Center it would actually be more efficient to stay in this neck of the woods - and for Pier 91 cruises it's at least as convenient as downtown, if not more. Walking to downtown isn't actually bad in terms of hilliness either as you're mostly going along the slopes rather than up & down them.

Like Bruce I'd also point you at TripAdvisor,  plus the booking engines who only allow confirmed stays to leave reviews (e.g. Expedia), as significantly better sources for hotel quality comparison info than here on CC - but it's also worth coming back here to clarify subtle things that locals are in the know about if you're choosing between a handful of hotels.

• Like 1