JEWEL. confused about what’s under Deck 8114

Gracelyn

We are looking for clarity on the aft of this deck. On the NCL  site, below deck 8114 appears to be the promenade and the duty free shop? BUT in there newest paper brochure it looks like the Bliss Nightclub. 

Any idea what is actually below the OA category like 8114?  Thanks 

Gracelyn

34 minutes ago, Gracelyn said:

We are looking for clarity on the aft of this deck. On the NCL  site, below deck 8114 appears to be the promenade and the duty free shop? BUT in there newest paper brochure it looks like the Bliss Nightclub. 

Gracelyn

NCL site and cruisedeckplans, shows the shops.  What brochure are u referring to? 

The Jewel, Jade, Gem and Pearl are all Jewel class ships.  The Jewel and the Jade have the shops at the stern of deck 7 while the Gem and the Pearl have Bliss Ultra Lounge there as shown on floor plan you posted. 

I wonder if that page is a "blanket" floor plan for Jewel class ships and somewhere on it is a notation as to the difference between the ships. 

4 hours ago, Gracelyn said:

Gracelyn

Deck 8114? Wow that is one BIG ship!  LOL.  You can see the deck plans to see what is above and below any cabin on any deck of any NCL ship at https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship

2 hours ago, kjquilts said:

The Jewel, Jade, Gem and Pearl are all Jewel class ships.  The Jewel and the Jade have the shops at the stern of deck 7 while the Gem and the Pearl have Bliss Ultra Lounge there as shown on floor plan you posted. 

I wonder if that page is a "blanket" floor plan for Jewel class ships and somewhere on it is a notation as to the difference between the ships. 

True. The Jewel and Jade were the first Jewel class ships built so they have Galleria store on deck 7 aft. The Pearl and Gem were the next two to be built so they have Bliss lounge on deck 7 aft.

43 minutes ago, Birdie And Sue said:

Deck 8114? Wow that is one BIG ship!  LOL.  You can see the deck plans to see what is above and below any cabin on any deck of any NCL ship at https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship

Hahahah. Thanks for that. I was in a panic. I had that on my iPad. The TA had ncl on hold and they told her it was the bliss on the Jewel. Nd my husband had the brochure open. All at the same time. 

If you use the Explore function and split screens you can get the following for the Jewel from the deck plans:-

1491378058_Jewel8114.png.2aadcb90148d683bb0ebc24dfe3b9f5a.png

Unless they have changed it from the last time we were on the Jewel it is certainly part of the "shop"   The "alcove" almost directly below is a display sale area.  Below that is a storeroom and above it an office, HD I think

15 hours ago, Gracelyn said:

Hahahah. Thanks for that. I was in a panic. I had that on my iPad. The TA had ncl on hold and they told her it was the bliss on the Jewel. Nd my husband had the brochure open. All at the same time. 

The NCL that your TA called is the land-based personnel who may not have full knowledge that all 4 Jewel class ships are the same when they are not. I have been on all 4 Jewel class ships and can confirm that Jewel & Jade are twins, an Pearl & Gem are the other set of twins.

8 hours ago, casofilia said:

If you use the Explore function and split screens you can get the following for the Jewel from the deck plans:-

1491378058_Jewel8114.png.2aadcb90148d683bb0ebc24dfe3b9f5a.png

Unless they have changed it from the last time we were on the Jewel it is certainly part of the "shop"   The "alcove" almost directly below is a display sale area.  Below that is a storeroom and above it an office, HD I think

Where do you find the “ explore” are. This is great! Do you think it’s fairly quiet if we pick a cabin above this area?

26 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

The NCL that your TA called is the land-based personnel who may not have full knowledge that all 4 Jewel class ships are the same when they are not. I have been on all 4 Jewel class ships and can confirm that Jewel & Jade are twins, an Pearl & Gem are the other set of twins.

I called my TA to tell her the advice you guys have given me and she was pleased to know your help and has confirmed this. I told her I already k ew lol