Flowers?

FranknBeans

Does anyone know if you can bring flowers on board In Vancouver for Alaska and Pacific Coastal cruise? The flowers would stay on board for the entire b2b cruise.

I know for the penthouse suite's they usually put some little tiny arrangement on the table.

I've called and asked concierge desk but they couldn't give an answer? We ere able to do it on our Hawaii cruises. Thanks in advance.

Edited by FranknBeans
addition spelling

Vancouver does have the additional problem that you are importing the flowers into the US on most cruise itineraries... fortunately most of our biosecurity rules are very similar (in fact WA and BC allow even locally-grown apples and some other fruit to be taken over the border, because the close proximity of the orchards makes any attempt to stop one country pollinating the other utterly pointless!)

As long as you ensure that your bouquet is all cut flowers, with no dirt on them, and absolutely no pieces of wood of any kind like some of the more extravagant displays have mixed in with the blooms. Almost all of the issues that BC has but WA doesn't or vice versa are beasties that would be found in the soil or wood rather than green stems, leaves or blooms so cut flowers are very low risk.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FranknBeans said:

Does anyone know if you can bring flowers on board In Vancouver for Alaska and Pacific Coastal cruise? The flowers would stay on board for the entire b2b cruise.

I know for the penthouse suite's they usually put some little tiny arrangement on the table.

I've called and asked concierge desk but they couldn't give an answer? We ere able to do it on our Hawaii cruises. Thanks in advance.

I brought flowers on board in Miami for our eastern caribbean cruise earlier this month. You just can't take them off the ship. 😉

2 hours ago, martincath said:

Vancouver does have the additional problem that you are importing the flowers into the US on most cruise itineraries... fortunately most of our biosecurity rules are very similar (in fact WA and BC allow even locally-grown apples and some other fruit to be taken over the border, because the close proximity of the orchards makes any attempt to stop one country pollinating the other utterly pointless!)

As long as you ensure that your bouquet is all cut flowers, with no dirt on them, and absolutely no pieces of wood of any kind like some of the more extravagant displays have mixed in with the blooms. Almost all of the issues that BC has but WA doesn't or vice versa are beasties that would be found in the soil or wood rather than green stems, leaves or blooms so cut flowers are very low risk.

I often bring cut bouquets from Pike Place Market in WA state nto Canada via vehicle crossings 

Edited by tanyaewa

13 hours ago, tanyaewa said:

I often bring cut bouquets from Pike Place Market in WA state nto Canada via vehicle crossings 

Like I said, very similar rules both directions - OP can assume similar treatment crossing into US jurisdiction at Canada Place (cut flowers should be fine, but dirt & wood bad).