Giovanni's Table

gdy0354

Last time at Giovannis we had a party of eight. We were able to order platters of  6 or 7 different main entrees enough for all to try.

Going on Explorer next year. I heard only allowed one main entrees per person. 

Anyone know what is allowed now. It was great to try many different entrees.

13 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Seems to me if you are  eight people, and you want to order eight or fewer main entrées and pass them around,  that should not be a problem. Aren’t  you still just ordering one main entree per person.  Am I missing something? 

M

We were served platters with say, 6 steaks, 6 shrimps, 6 chicken breasts,6 osso buco, 6 lakh chops, etc..

one giant feast with almost a full portion of most of the entrees for each diner.

Well that is a bit different than getting five or six entrées and passing the plates around.    In the description above,  it appears you received  the equivalent of something like 30 entrées.  I know in the early years Giovanni’s used to be a family style restaurant. The last time we went (July 2019) , it were just two of us so I don’t know what the current  process would be

enjoy 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gdy0354 said:

We were served platters with say, 6 steaks, 6 shrimps, 6 chicken breasts,6 osso buco, 6 lakh chops, etc..

one giant feast with almost a full portion of most of the entrees for each diner.

How in the world were you able to eat all that food even with 8 of you?  That's nearly 4 dinners person.  Do you normally order 4 entrees each in the MDR?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gdy0354 said:

That is a LOT of food.  Seriously?   They'll give you all the pasta you want, but ordering 25-30 meat entrees for 6-8 people seems ridiculous.  How (or WHY) would 8 people eat all that?  Google the definition of gluttony.

Edited by bouhunter

Looking back there were 12 of us on that cruse.

They brought just plates of meat or seafood to share. Family style sides. A platter of various apps and desserts.

Server seemed to know just how much to bring so we could sample all with very little waste. Definitely not full size entrees, instead of say 4 shrimp per person we were brought one, etc. for other entrees. That's how we could sample much of the menu without being wasteful.