Carnival Legend Cabin Questions

Jen1000

I am currently in a 4K for next May and seriously thinking about switching to an extended balcony. Especially now that I hear they are just windows. Never had a balcony at all, but I've heard over and over that it's nice to have for Alaska cruises.

I'm fine with what's basically an obstructed ocean view cabin for the price of an inside cabin. Also, I think they are larger than the other insides and have a sofa. When I booked it though, I was under the impression that I would have an operational French door.

I just got off the Legend 4149. 4K room between lifeboats.    The doors have been replaced with 2 floor to ceiling windows.   I knew that and was fine with it.   You want to be on deck to go side to side for best views and for uncooperative wildlife.

its still a great value room!

59 minutes ago, bound4dbeach said:

I just got off the Legend 4149. 4K room between lifeboats.    The doors have been replaced with 2 floor to ceiling windows.   I knew that and was fine with it.   You want to be on deck to go side to side for best views and for uncooperative wildlife.

its still a great value room!

Thanks for the information.

I am going ahead with the 4K, disappointed it will not open but that is OK.  I was on HA in January with an obstructed OV cabin behind a life boat and it was fine.

As for needing a balcony in Alaska, I had a 4K in Alaska and others had balcony cabins in my group.  I do not think it is a necessity to have a balcony, there was plenty of room to go on deck.  How much time will you be in your cabin?  How much extra is it? 

For our Med cruise I know I will rarely be in the cabin so it is not worth it to me to get a balcony but to others in my group it is.

Jen

We were in a 4K on Pride BEFORE the replaced the doors.  We were on the port side.  A strong storm came up, wind hitting the port side of the ship.  The doors we bowing in from the force of the wind.  Howling wind coming into the room.  It wasn't scary, but would have been irritating had we been trying to sleep at the time.  Replacing the doors with windows was probably a good idea - though we did enjoy being able to "sample the weather" before leaving the cabin.

On 9/30/2019 at 3:42 PM, DontTreadOnMe said:

We were in a 4K on Pride BEFORE the replaced the doors.  We were on the port side.  A strong storm came up, wind hitting the port side of the ship.  The doors we bowing in from the force of the wind.  Howling wind coming into the room.  It wasn't scary, but would have been irritating had we been trying to sleep at the time.  Replacing the doors with windows was probably a good idea - though we did enjoy being able to "sample the weather" before leaving the cabin.

I forgot about this when we sailed the Pride in a deck 7 Balcony last year.  If we didn't have the door closed just so it would have the wind noise and it was definitely irritating. 

We booked a 4K for our Legend cruise next year knowing it was likely just windows.  Not having the noise issue will be a pleasant bonus 🙂