Vegetarian Menus in Blu and MDR?

jasm8449

3 hours ago, jasm8449 said:

Do Blu and the MDR have separate vegetarian menus, or are just the vegetarian items in their regular menus available?

Just off Reflection. In Blu, never saw a separate Blu vegetarian menu. But they were more than happy to bring either the MDR menu with its couple of selections or the separate MDR vegetarian menu. And if the staff try to steer you away from a dish, take their advice. lol

Yes, I always take our server's recommendations!  I don't put him/her in the position of saying something is not good.  They are understandably very reluctant to outright say that.  I ask 'what dishes have other guests particularly enjoyed tonight?'.

Other posters when I asked about choosing from the MDR menu in Blu informed me that as the two kitchens are very far apart on S class ships, it is difficult for the staff to offer the MDR menu in Blu.

When dining in Blu, we noticed the folks next to us eating some pretty delicious looking Indian food. We asked them about it and they told us it was from the vegetarian menu. We asked our waiter and he gladly brought a vegetable curry (can't remember what type) for us to share along with our mains from the regular menu. Ship was either Reflection or Eclipse.

On our cruise on the Solstice in Blu, they brought me the Vegetarian menu each night. In addition there was a vegetarian option on the regular Blu menu. What I don’t know is if the nightly vegetarian menu was the same as the MDR vegetarian menu. I suspect they are are the same.  They were also very accommodating to prepare what I wanted.