Allure of the Seas Boarding

32 minutes ago, Solitarycruiser said:

My last cruise was on Celebrity Equinox and it took over two hours to board.  Long time on my feet as I am 74 years old.  What amount of time should I expect on AOS?  I am Platinum. 

With all Oasis class I'm generally at the port for no later than 10:45, having never had to wait (There will obviously be issues from time to time - so call me lucky?) and my quickest board from stepping out of the transport to having my sea pass card scanned is 15 mins - that said I don't think it's ever took more than 25/30 mins.

Generally speaking it's something that RCCL do well at home ports!

We did the boarding paperwork on line in advance and arrived at the port around 11:30.  We were able to walk to the xray screening and waited <5 minutes to have the carry on checked.   Then we went directly to the person doing the check-in for those with on-line paperwork done.  They ask if you've been sick, take a picture of your passport and a picture of you and done.   We were a party of 7 and finished all that in <5 minutes too.   Then we walked onto the ship.  There was a line on the gangway to walk but it moved steadily.

Your results may vary.

Oh yes, with this system your seapass is at the room already and you are using the QR code from the on-line check-in before you get to the room.  Worked well.

3 hours ago, Solitarycruiser said:

My last cruise was on Celebrity Equinox and it took over two hours to board.  Long time on my feet as I am 74 years old.  What amount of time should I expect on AOS?  I am Platinum. 

Even if you get there early there is plenty of seating to wait for the boarding call.

Last week, we boarded almost instantly.  The guy sorting out the line for security checked us in, as we mostly were done with the expedited check in with the app.  Got there at about noon, though.  But the total lack of waiting (even for the check in procedure) was pretty awesome.