Oasis "Reclassifying" Cabins AGAIN

4 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

Allure has a propulsion problem that can’t be fixed until it goes to Spain in March for its refurb and amplification.  The propulsion problem causes it to not be able to go as fast as it normally would and that’s why they’ve had to change ports around to closer ones.

I know but it isn't just our ship, they are having problems with several in their fleet.  It is getting to be the norm with them.

5 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

Allure has a propulsion problem that can’t be fixed until it goes to Spain in March for its refurb and amplification.  The propulsion problem causes it to not be able to go as fast as it normally would and that’s why they’ve had to change ports around to closer ones.

It's been a problem that Royal has long known about, yet they keeping selling itineraries that can't be kept, then modifying them closer to sail date and after payment   has been made. Some might call that a shady business practice.

On 10/2/2019 at 12:45 PM, uvadover said:

Update:  Two hours and fifteen minutes on the phones, including an escalation to a supervisor.  They've clearly nixed a bunch of the cabins that hold 3-4 people, so the 2nd of our connecting rooms with the 3 kids was the issue.  First I was told there was simply nothing that could be done, and we would just need to get two rooms next door - that's simply not an option with small kids.  Ultimately, they "found" two connecting rooms on Deck 8 (instead of Deck 12).  I was told "the good news is that it won't cost me any extra."  Needless to say, I would expect moving 4 decks DOWN to a much higher traffic deck would be less desirable and, therefore, less expensive.  I was told there would be no price accommodation.  

I asked why other people couldn't be shuffled around to accommodate us - perhaps there are sets of adults who don't really NEED connecting staterooms, for example, and could easily get by with nearby or next door cabins.  I was told "we can't possibly do that" - but of course, why could they move ME so easily?

At the end of the day, I have almost no leverage.  $4500 in flights non-refundable, cruise nearly sold out, actually cancelled a hold we had for Norwegian Escape for the same week, etc.  At the end I asked if there would be any goodwill/compensation, and the answer was a hard no.  I asked for further escalation, and that will result in a callback within 24-48 hours.  I am so beyond frustrated by this.  We're also booked on Ovation next summer and I am seriously rethinking that decision.  My platinum status may be pretty low but I am a relatively young cruiser and have been a loyal traveler many times.  

The representative did indicate that "quite a lot" of people were affected by this, so I'll be interested to see if there is more fanfare.  Frankly, if I had followed their direction to "wait 1-2 weeks," I would have most certainly been SOL.  

some would prefer deck 8 to deck 12 as you can walk right out to central park on deck 8.

• Like 1