Car Rental Info - Port Everglades to FLL airport or Miami airport?

NJ&Ozzie

Hi,

We are arriving Port Everglades - can we rent a car to be picked in Miami?  Will rental co. pick us up at Port Everglades & shuttle us to Miami airport to pick up car there?

Or if we rent to pick up car at FLL airport - which rental co. will pick us up at Port Everglades?  Do they actually come into the port & pick up or do you have to walk somewhere to get shuttle?

Do we just show our rental reservation to get on shuttle?

Thanks!

NJ 

There are a few rental car companies that are minutes away from Port Everglades that will shuttle you to their facilities. There are no companies that provide free shuttle service from Port Everglades to Hollywood/ Fort Lauderdale International Airport. That free service was discontinued a few years ago.  As for free shuttle service from Port Everglades to Miami that’s not in the picture. Either pay approximately fifteen dollars plus tip for transportation to FLL to rent a vehicle there or pick a company that will shuttle you to there facility just outside of Port Everglades. I know personally that the Alamo location on Eller Drive is just outside of Port Everglades and they provide free shuttle service. Dollar and Thifty also has a location nearby. Sixt Rental Car has a location on Federal Highway which is just north of FLL. I’m fairly sure that they provide free shuttle service to their location.

It's quite simply actually!

The rental car companies with free shuttles to/from Port Everglades are shown on the map below. These are the locations where your car will be waiting. If you want to meet your car anywhere else (MIA, FLL, etc) you have to make your own way over there!

Everglades-Car-Rental-with-shuttles.jpg

4 hours ago, Corby114 said:

There are a few rental car companies that are minutes away from Port Everglades that will shuttle you to their facilities. There are no companies that provide free shuttle service from Port Everglades to Hollywood/ Fort Lauderdale International Airport. That free service was discontinued a few years ago.  As for free shuttle service from Port Everglades to Miami that’s not in the picture. Either pay approximately fifteen dollars plus tip for transportation to FLL to rent a vehicle there or pick a company that will shuttle you to there facility just outside of Port Everglades. I know personally that the Alamo location on Eller Drive is just outside of Port Everglades and they provide free shuttle service. Dollar and Thifty also has a location nearby. Sixt Rental Car has a location on Federal Highway which is just north of FLL. I’m fairly sure that they provide free shuttle service to their location.

Thank you all.  So looks like we have to get to FLL airport if we want to get a car from there or make our way to Miami airport.  

Cheers,

NJ 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, abpplh said:

I was reading that there is a shared shuttle service from Port Everglades to the Rental Car center - is this not the case?

Where did you read this? I am not aware of any agency at ALL offering shuttles to/from Port Everglades. Some rental locations in town do offer shuttles.

All free shuttle service from Port Everglades back to Hollywood/ Fort Lauderdale International Airport was discontinued a few years ago. If you are looking for the free service a few major car rental companies have off site locations just outside of Port Everglades. They include Hertz, Alamo, Dollar, Thrifty, Avis, and Budget. I think the Alamo location on Eller Drive is the closest to Port Everglades.