Speciality Restaurants Newbie Question

cariad1000

Nope, in-laws don't have our booking number (because I was supposed to make our specialty reservations - I have THEIRS). I know the in-laws didn't book anything as we had several texts and emails and then phone calls about this last night (planning) and this morning (figuring out what the$#  happened). I assumed TA as well. Oceania told my FIL "sometimes this happens" but didn't say how or why -if TAs could do this, wouldn't Oceania have a clue "how" this could happen? I wouldn't think a TA could go in and make changes under my oceania booking online that I didn't request. So I will be asking her [the TA] what happened....

Because I wasn't able to make any changes to the reservations, when my FIL called Oceania, he did his own reservations over the phone and asked that all of ours be released, so I then went in and made my own picks.

Edited by Hoyaheel

I don't know how to state more clearly that the in-laws did not ask for this and are/were as confused by it as I was. I'll stop posting now as our issue is mostly resolved and it's not relevant to this thread if no one else has experienced the issue.....

I realize that not everyone books a PH or higher, but if you are in those categories, one of the biggest perks is that your butler can usually get you extra specialty reservations, often on short notice. I agree with Mura, though—it's nice to have dinner from a specialty or the GDR served in your cabin after a long day of touring!

• Like 2