Price of a bottle of wine

Roccaforte

I know we can bring several bottles of wine on board but if we don’t want to bother, what will a typical bottle of of a nice Pinot Noir or Pinot Grigio cost?  We will have a bottle (or two) of Champagne in our PH cabin complements of O and our TA.   Can I have them served to us in the GDR or specialty restaurant?  Can I exchange the Champagne for a red or white wine?  Since we’re driving to Miami and parking at the port it wouldn’t be too much trouble to bring wine.  Just wondering if it’s worth it.

Yes you can take the Champagne  to the dining venues 

I believe you can now exchange the Complementary Champagne from O   wine  Usually the house brand  just ask your Butler to exchange it

Depends on what you consider  nice Pinot Noir ..of course it will be marked up quite a bit  so if there is something you prefer  bring it  & pay the corkage fee

3 hours ago, Roccaforte said:

I know we can bring several bottles of wine on board but if we don’t want to bother, what will a typical bottle of of a nice Pinot Noir or Pinot Grigio cost?  We will have a bottle (or two) of Champagne in our PH cabin complements of O and our TA.   Can I have them served to us in the GDR or specialty restaurant?  Can I exchange the Champagne for a red or white wine?  Since we’re driving to Miami and parking at the port it wouldn’t be too much trouble to bring wine.  Just wondering if it’s worth it.

What exactly do you mean by a "nice" bottle of pinot noir? For a reasonable "Deep End" Anderson Valley estate wine, I'd expect to pay at least between $30 and $60 retail. And since there's a $25 corkage fee in Oceania dining venues, I wouldn't bother to bring anything less than that (both for quality and total value).

Whatever wine you're interested in, figure the onboard cost to be a 350%+\- markup PLUS an 18% gratuity (whereas the $25 corkage on your own wine includes the gratuity). So, even some cheap $20 grocery store "pinot noir" will set you back almost $100 if you buy it onboard.

Thus, IMO, it's a "no brainer" decision: pick up a mixed case (or half case for short cruises) at Total Wine in Miami and supply your own dinner wine. Get some collapsible cardboard carriers the next time you buy wine at a winery (see pic): light weight and disposable when done.

As for the gifted wine, you can bring O's bottle to dinner for no corkage fee. Your TA's wine depends on their arrangement with Oceania. But, don't expect much quality. Most of what I have seen as "gifts" retails for about $10+\-.

IMG_1175.JPG

4 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Whatever wine you're interested in, figure the onboard cost to be a 350%+\- markup PLUS an 18% gratuity (whereas the $25 corkage on your own wine includes the gratuity). So, even some cheap $20 grocery store "pinot noir" will set you back almost $100 if you buy it onboard.

Thus, IMO, it's a "no brainer" decision: pick up a mixed case (or half case for short cruises) at Total Wine in Miami and supply your own dinner wine. Get some collapsible cardboard carriers the next time you buy wine at a winery (see pic): light weight and disposable when done.

Ditto to Mr. Flyer.  Bring your own and pay the corkage.  You will be ahead of the game.  The wine pricing begins at approximately $50 PLUS the 18% gratuity.  

We also bring a 4 or 6 bottle canvas bag to restock our supply in ports.  One of the reasons we sail Oceania is because they have a reasonable policy with bringing alcohol on board.  They treat passengers as adults and most passengers reciprocate.  

25 minutes ago, Roccaforte said:

Thanks for all the good responses.  We’ll be sure to bring wine from our local Total Wine.  Sounds like it’s worth the trouble.  

IME more wine is never too much trouble.  😄  There will be a corkscrew in your stateroom and wine glasses, ice bucket on request.  Makes for a nice pre-happy hour on the verandah!

• Like 2