Cruise change and stateroom help!

tabithakp

Im having a scheduling issue and I need to change my cruise by one week. I currently have 2 Havana balcony cabins on deck 5 booked.  I was thrilled to get these cabins.  They are not available on the new cruise dates.  My question is if I wait until final payment is there a chance these rooms will become available.  The cruise I will be switching to is the horizon 8 day (Jan 25, 2020). It seems to be getting full. I tried booking a suite but could only get a suite on deck 2, I need a balcony. 

There are 4 of us - me, hubby and 2 teens. I don’t think I can share a room with them 

any help would be appreciated!!!

Edited by tabithakp
Spelling mistake

2 hours ago, tabithakp said:

I tried booking a suite but could only get a suite on deck 2, I need a balcony.

I’m confused. A deck 2 suite on the Horizon would be a Family Harbor suite; these rooms have balconies. Actually, all suites on any ship have balconies. 

1 hour ago, bakersdozen12 said:

I’m confused. A deck 2 suite on the Horizon would be a Family Harbor suite; these rooms have balconies. Actually, all suites on any ship have balconies. 

Not true, we sailed in a family suite on the NCL Dawn that had floor to ceiling windows, the NCL Star has these suites too. 

9 hours ago, tabithakp said:

Im having a scheduling issue and I need to change my cruise by one week. I currently have 2 Havana balcony cabins on deck 5 booked.  I was thrilled to get these cabins.  They are not available on the new cruise dates.  My question is if I wait until final payment is there a chance these rooms will become available.  The cruise I will be switching to is the horizon 8 day (Jan 25, 2020). It seems to be getting full. I tried booking a suite but could only get a suite on deck 2, I need a balcony. 

There are 4 of us - me, hubby and 2 teens. I don’t think I can share a room with them 

any help would be appreciated!!!

I doubt the Havana cabins will become available, especially for a cruise a little over 3 months away. They are very popular and are usually one of the first cabin types to sell out on Vista class ships. 

19 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I doubt the Havana cabins will become available, especially for a cruise a little over 3 months away. They are very popular and are usually one of the first cabin types to sell out on Vista class ships. 

Would tend to agree, but that said, the one time there could be some flux is at final pay date.  Op, it is a long shot bit check frequently on that day. 

11 hours ago, bakersdozen12 said:

I didn’t think the family harbor suites had balconies. I will double check, thank you for pointing that out. 

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

That’s what I was afraid of. I will call carnival and cross my fingers. 

1 hour ago, tabithakp said:

I didn’t think the family harbor suites had balconies. I will double check, thank you for pointing that out. 

Yes, they definitely have balconies!  Really nice ones that are close to the water.  They are referred to as "coves" by Carnival, and they are my absolute favorite balcony type on any ship. :-)

10 hours ago, CorvetteLady said:

Not true, we sailed in a family suite on the NCL Dawn that had floor to ceiling windows, the NCL Star has these suites too. 

I'm only familiar with Carnival.  As someone has already pointed out, the OP is talking about Carnival, and I know for the fact that all Carnival suites have balconies.  They have some rooms at the front of some ships called Grand Scenic Ocean Views that have floor to ceiling windows, but they are classified as ocean views, not suites.  I, personally, think they should be classified as suites, though.

You could also try a balcony in Havana for you guys and an interior in Havana for the kids. I would call a PVP and tell them what you are looking for in order of preference. If there is one area likely to cancel on final payment date, it is Havana.  Lots of times people grab them up right when the booking opens and then realize at time goes by that the cost is not worth it to them.  We did 3 in an OS (2 adults and one teen) and it was still pretty tight compared to 2 in a balcony. With two teens, I think my next preference after Havana would be regular balcony for me and an interior for the teens.

17 hours ago, Nevada Jen said:

You could also try a balcony in Havana for you guys and an interior in Havana for the kids. I would call a PVP and tell them what you are looking for in order of preference. If there is one area likely to cancel on final payment date, it is Havana.  Lots of times people grab them up right when the booking opens and then realize at time goes by that the cost is not worth it to them.  We did 3 in an OS (2 adults and one teen) and it was still pretty tight compared to 2 in a balcony. With two teens, I think my next preference after Havana would be regular balcony for me and an interior for the teens.

Have to agree with this, when our kids were teens and traveled with us we always did the balcony and interior combo.  We did it for the privacy factor and separate bathrooms especially.  As long as your teens get along well with each other (lol), this might be another easier option in trying to re-book.  Good Luck!