Meraviglia New York-worst embarkation ever!!

QueenofEverything

42 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

first cruise from  USA and to Canada was not supposed to be trip to paradise  LOL . I did cruise once out of NY winter time and even a  free cruise will not make me to do it again. 🤐

Oct winter??  No....not yet.

But I live here and I cruise out of NY every winter.  It's hit and miss.  The problem is in "real winter" if there's snow and ice and getting to the port.  Assuming the ship heads south (Canada in the winter...no way) the weather warms up by day 3.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, April42749 said:

Oct winter??  No....not yet.

But I live here and I cruise out of NY every winter.  It's hit and miss.  The problem is in "real winter" if there's snow and ice and getting to the port.  Assuming the ship heads south (Canada in the winter...no way) the weather warms up by day 3.

Its Canada , Oct definitely not a good weather here. 

On 10/10/2019 at 11:41 AM, QueenofEverything said:

They just cancelled Sydney. Said yesterday’s weather slowed them down too much. $300 per cabin onboard credit

??? We are on Adventure of the Seas and were in Sydney yesterday, Friday.  No problem with getting in or out of port.  Heading into Halifax right now.  Rough seas and high winds but so far this ship is handling it well.

We will be on Meriviglia in four week for the first sailings out of Miami.  Hope things are ironed out by then.

I'm not sure if the cruisers on the current voyage are aware but an area of low pressure was marooned for most of the week off the south coast of New England. Since the water temperature (relatively speaking) is still mild up here, the storm grew in intensity to finally become post-tropical storm Melissa yesterday. The storm's winds kept on increasing with intensity throughout the week. Now, finally, the storm is pulling away to the Northeast and by tonight should be out of the way for us in Southern New England. However, she is heading up towards the Canadian maritimes while kicking up the seas before moving East and out to the open Atlantic. I'm not surprised by any announcements of missed ports due to this weather system.

In Boston we had a ship miss port this week due to the storm and having to sail through it. They diverted to NYC instead. Ship happens. I wish all of you at sea pleasant onward sailings.

As for the port logistics (the original intent for this thread)... so long as the longshoreman are taking the luggage when I get there, I can putz around in NYC before heading back to board later if it's a zoo. I just want to dump the checked luggage is all!

2 hours ago, Tagsalong said:

??? We are on Adventure of the Seas and were in Sydney yesterday, Friday.  No problem with getting in or out of port.  Heading into Halifax right now.  Rough seas and high winds but so far this ship is handling it well.

We will be on Meriviglia in four week for the first sailings out of Miami.  Hope things are ironed out by then.

Photo taken from Adventure of the Seas of the Sunrise.

72136047_1313806635453119_6340579980505776128_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQnxm5Heq0XoI3qJxGzvr652m2i7tanXv3HZHxcAO3MhoquLzfmYtBHHJgS2eZPO667a9U6KjB8K6atWghojzMBK&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=9667515669a71075f93bc2fbf991ea9d&oe=5E20B881

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tagsalong said:

Two problems. We left New York 2 1/2 hours late. Horrible embarkation and I hear horrible disembarkation for the folks getting off before us. They said because of the rough seas and wind they could not make it to Sydney on time, even after moving the arrival time back by an hour. We are in Charlottetown today. Were supposed to be there at nine. It’s 9:40 now and not docked just sitting here. No explanation other than we have been delayed. 

1 hour ago, QueenofEverything said:

Two problems. We left New York 2 1/2 hours late. Horrible embarkation and I hear horrible disembarkation for the folks getting off before us. They said because of the rough seas and wind they could not make it to Sydney on time, even after moving the arrival time back by an hour. We are in Charlottetown today. Were supposed to be there at nine. It’s 9:40 now and not docked just sitting here. No explanation other than we have been delayed. 

I believe I read they gave you $300 obc for Halifax.  Anything for Sydney?  Do they have  "stuff" to entertain you during the day?

1 minute ago, April42749 said:

I believe I read they gave you $300 obc for Halifax.  Anything for Sydney?  Do they have  "stuff" to entertain you during the day?

It was Adventure of the Seas that missed Halifax;  the OBC was for missing Sydney (and, I'd imagine was in some way connected to the embarkation debacle.  It seemed over-generous for just missing one POC, otherwise).

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

... the OBC was for missing Sydney (and, I'd imagine was in some way connected to the embarkation debacle.  It seemed over-generous for just missing one POC, otherwise).

Perhaps it was also for the 12 hours they're losing in Quebec City?

3 minutes ago, Até said:

Perhaps it was also for the 12 hours they're losing in Quebec City?

That, too, could certainly be a factor!  I imagine there are a lot of complaints onboard.

We had similar on Splendida last year, where there was issue after issue, including missing ports and/or having them substituted.  Added to that, the situation in Singapore was shocking and, although not MSC's fault, it was the starting point for all the other issues that followed (just like the embarkation debacle on this cruise was the starting point, though not related).  We received €100 OBC per cabin and a 50% future cruise discount without a time limit to book.

4 hours ago, April42749 said:

The $300 was indeed for Sydney. We were not scheduled for Halifax. There is some stuff to do but not much. I think that has been discussed on this board before. MSC does not have as much onboard entertainment. We ended up being 1 1/2 hours late to disembark in Charlottetown. Pouring down all day. Of course, not MSC’s fault about the rain but certainly didn’t help people’s temperaments. Lots of complaining on our excursion about the ship. 

The captain is Captain Stefano Battinelli;  the Cruise Director is Gene Young.  I don't know, yet, who the Hotel Director is.  I'll find out next Friday  😀.  We disembark on the day you board.  Here's a pic of the captain:

image.png.b1531a552e41c2a1ebece3fe18cf256b.png