bliss haven courtyard help me choose cabin

luckyinpa

yup im one of those......micromanage room location. for example. when i was on the BA i researched which haven spa rooms had a pole in them.

now that thats out of the way:

here's what i think about some of the cabins...please confirm or point out where i'm wrong or any other preferences you have. also i know there are only 3 ways to get to the horizon but wondering which way is most busy..starboard hall. port hall...or people cut thru the courtyard. thought i'm guessing with the courtyard rooms you are far enough 'in' the cabin never to really hear anything but with a christmas cruise its gonna be packed.

726. this appears to be the most private room. from deck plans i'm gathering you enter through the lounge and turn right to the 'back' of the haven. literally no one but those few cabins goes back there. but when you come  out your room no view of courtyard.

122. same general comments as 726 with the least amount of traffic in front of your door

112/114   appear to be forward of the stairs and just in the window view of the courtyard. meaning you come out of your room you can peek into the courtyard.  these 2 rooms also appear to be far enough from the courtyard door that you aren't  'right there' at the higher traffic point. relatively speaking

106 you look right out to the tub when you come out and you are closest to the door to the courtyard and hear the horizon

702. obviously closest to the horizon

hey at least i didnt ask which way the beds face in each cabin..thats for another thread.  ill be in the 3rd on the single sofabed  so its kind of irrelevant

haven rooms remaining.PNG

We were in 17706 and thought the location was perfect. Easy access to all entries!

My husband would joke that he loved the location so much because he was less then 100 steps from Haven bar! 

Also the balconies are larger on deck 17.  But honestly I don't think you can go wrong with any of the selections you have circled. Enjoy! 

On 10/10/2019 at 4:39 AM, Chesneygirl said:

We were in 17706 and thought the location was perfect. Easy access to all entries!

My husband would joke that he loved the location so much because he was less then 100 steps from Haven bar! 

Also the balconies are larger on deck 17.  But honestly I don't think you can go wrong with any of the selections you have circled. Enjoy! 

I never have been on NCL, but after seeing this video I’m looking forward to our next cruise in this type of suite😮 sweet 😍

• Like 1

I stayed in 17726 on the Bliss and would do it all over again any time. It is very private there is no sounds from the sun deck at all and the balcony is huge. Look at the plan that white area next to 17726 is not part of the cabin but your balcony extends in front of it. We had two longer brought out there and spent a decent amount of time on it. The location is very private the only issue we had is the crew service door across the hall could create noise particularly in the morning hours, despite that noise I would take this cabin again in a heartbeat. I don't remember if I could enter the Haven Hallway but there is definitely a door that I used to leave the Haven at the end of that hallway basically 20 steps from the door to 17726- Starboard side

Edited by Beamco

We were on the 18th floor, but I think this can be relevant. 

18126 was right near a staff bathroom and closet. My brother heard them quite early in the morning. So that may be heard from 17126 as well. It was also by the main Haven access at that floor level, and could be loud with the door shutting.

we were in 18114, and the location was wonderful. We walked quietly into the horizon lounge on the 18th and grabbed our daily cappuccino and espresso. Rarely passed other guests in the cabin hallways. The ship was packed our week.

• 4 weeks later...

Wondering what you decided to go with 🙂

I just booked the Christmas Cruise on the Joy and there was only one room available, 17732.  This would be the same exact room as 17726 on the Bliss.  What I have found in my research is that this room is larger than the other Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony Cabins.  As mentioned above the balcony is much bigger and from the looks of it, the room should be wider as well.  I did read a thread here - 

That speaks to the size of the balcony and another thread here - 

That speaks of the 3 rooms (2 on 17, 1 on 18) being changed to a different category because of the size of the room/balcony.  Not sure if that is just Chatter but looking at the pictures this may be your best bet.  I think the only possible downsides are the proximity to the public space on the other side of the wall and being under the Haven restaurant.

Edited by wilmingtech

by the time vacation schedules etc were firm there was just 1 left port on 17 about mid way down the hall. at least we got the larger balcony.  any idea why people prefer 18 over 17?

for the record pricing did increase as the quantity available decreased. i saved a few hundred by booking with a TA though. i hope i dont need the eggcrates but at least i know its an option for the sofabed. one thing for sure. will be spending lotta time outside the room enjoying the haven we paid for :)