London Tilbury info please x

NorbertsNiece

Hi,

If you've embarked / disembarked Tilbury please can you share your parking info, one night pre cruise accommodation, and if you've any experience of using a home to ship luggage transfer facility. Coming from the North East for a 42 night cruise and failed the course on packing light!

Cheers.

Linda

Tilbury is a bit of a grotty location to start a cruise from and not particularly easy to get to with public transport (IMHO). Your CL should be able to advise if you can park and maybe with favourable rates.

I had lunch on a ship there in August after high winds stopped it being able to sail up to London. I'm not 100% sure if there is a long term car park at the terminal, though I was advised I would have been ok to leave my car if I had driven an collected the next day.

Not sure where you are coming from (I did see NE), but I suspect 42 days of parking wouldn't be cheap and id probably be tempted to get an advance cheap return train ticket and come down the day before.... Either staying in London and catching the train in the morning, each a local hotel.

Don't know the area well enough to suggest a hotel.

Edited by les37b

We embarked & disembarked from Tilbury a couple of years ago and it is basically an old cargo shed, with a small parking lot for drop-off/pick-up. Did not see any long-term parking.

Didn't find any hotels close and the closest train station is about 1 mile, so we elected to stay in London and booked a car from Addison Lee that dropped us off at the terminal.