OBC for drink tax

mfic246

I'm getting around $50 in OBC for a price drop after final payment and wondering if it can be used to pay for the taxes on the drinks purchased while still in Port.  Makes sense that it would but just checking.

5 hours ago, mfic246 said:

I'm getting around $50 in OBC for a price drop after final payment and wondering if it can be used to pay for the taxes on the drinks purchased while still in Port.  Makes sense that it would but just checking.

Yes. No problem.

1 minute ago, mfic246 said:

got it thanks - we're out of New Orleans so on the river for a while, not sure how long they charge the tax for.

That is actually a really good question.  I always wondered how the riverboat cruises would handle something like this.  Would the tax change as they entered each state?  Does it change county to county?  City to city?  I know our city adds a sales tax on top of the state sales tax.

• Like 1

It would be ideal if the ship's computer system was integrated with GPS and it just "knows" all the time what the tax rate would be. However, I would not be surprised if there was some guy on the bridge who's job it is to call some guy in the ship's accounting office and say "we just passed the line, so change your program."

Kind of like how an airline captain rings the chime to let you know the plane just reached 10,000 feet.

Edited by salty dingo

On 10/11/2019 at 9:05 AM, mfic246 said:

got it thanks - we're out of New Orleans so on the river for a while, not sure how long they charge the tax for.

We are sailing this Thanksgiving out of NOLA as well.  I think they charge until in International waters so probably most of the first evening, but we got the OBC for price drop as well.  Happy to know it will cover these charges.