Chill Island Cabana Review with Photos

Bitsmommy

Tuesday,  I was in the water park and today I am on Chill Island.   

What is included:

Cabana structure

cabana attendant 

cooler with ice and six waters

safe

cabinet 

cabana accommodates 8 people,  but there is seating for 9-10.  

Towels for six people

floating mats for 2

snorkel gear for 2

A place to charge cell phones with USB and  electric charger.  

Cost:

Cost fluctuates a great deal-  we paid $499,  but I have seen it as high as $899 for our specific cruise.   

We were in cabana 2.   Other than location,  major difference between the cabanas on Chill Island and the Cabanas at the water park is the ceiling fan in the cabana and the charging outlets.  Also,  the cabana structure is wooden in chill island and heavy canvas at the water park.  The other difference is the subtle “extras” that the attendants provide.  It seems that they are anticipating your every need,  before you have it,  on Chill Island.  In the water park,  it seems more of a “fast food” atmosphere-  if that makes sense. 

Out attendant was amazing!  She brought fruit kabobs, dessert selections, and various other awesome things without asking.  She was very sweet with our two sons and even brought one a Sprite while he was IN the water.  Absolutely not necessary,  but a cute photo and a very amazing memory and gesture.   

The location of the cabana is ok.  I say this because the beach area is very small for the number of people who could be in the cabanas.  Two cabanas remained unsold on our day.  It never felt crowded,  but I feel like it could have become crowded in on different day.  If you wish to snorkel,  you would need to go to another part of the island,  as the area directly in front of the cabanas doesn’t provide a good location.  There is an area directly to the left of the cabana area where my son did enjoy going snorkeling.   If you are an older group who just wants to lay and float,  this area is excellent.  If you have children under 8-9 and you want a shallow confined area,  this is also a good choice.  If your group includes teens or tweens-  I would suggest being open to allowing them to explore on their own a little.  

The food offerings are the same as those in the water park cabana.   

AB9C4280-BE09-4890-92D5-004F7D8CA75E.jpeg

0703F580-458F-4758-B6BD-8AE7FDE96369.jpeg

5BB50106-644E-4F27-82E4-4C7BB6B4679D.jpeg

03F6DB36-0C05-4C2F-BEA4-0A5485B5B89D.jpeg

3B8B8E14-4965-446C-925E-EC8659131CD6.jpeg

804FD79A-0A08-4743-AEB6-D3AB3D6D6F02.jpeg

E69EE006-840A-43A9-AB01-96B3D8EB6D6B.jpeg

5FDEEBB2-EF4D-4A30-8F8D-139AFBD9D7E9.jpeg

C8A2F5F9-E680-4AAD-B0CC-5C5F91AED7FA.jpeg

E0A1AA9E-46CB-4899-B329-7C8A097DCEE0.jpeg

B451F248-3487-485D-A2D1-583718B7EB23.jpeg

517D457D-0691-40E0-BDDA-03228D34CF8E.jpeg

A8CA0306-B04D-45B5-97BB-510399D9C418.jpeg

2867A212-B273-4BC1-8E05-B153B7A465D1.jpeg

EE7AB7B7-6954-4F0F-A699-0ACDE8A2FED4.jpeg

19905098-31F1-4ADB-B40E-DDA429CAF691.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 4

I'm debating booking the Chill Island beach bed for our cruise in January.  I'm sure those won't come with a safe or outlets, but does anyone know if they will have the drink/food service?  Prices are currently $200, which seems steep if there's no service at all.

1 hour ago, booplesnoople said:

Oh my gosh thanks so much for these!! We have a Chill Island cabana for our sailing coming up October 28 and I couldn't find any good photos to show my husband!

That is exactly why I did these!  I

couldn’t find any new,  current information anywhere!  We just booked it and hoped for the best!  

• Like 4

We saw those but didnt get close enough to see what the water was like...I have a few questions...1. Was the water very shallow?   2. Was there a seaweed bed there in front of the cabanas?  3. If so, how large was the seaweed bed?  4. Were there any rocks in the water?  I ask this because i am very sensitive to things touching my feet in the water. I will need to wear water shoes if I choose that type of cabana. It isn't a problem, but trying to eliminate extra weight in packing. 

I love your pictures. I cant remember what I saw when I walked by them....lol...shucks, I never noticed there were outlets or a ceiling fan...both pluses.     THANKS!!!

1 hour ago, kdnurs said:

We saw those but didnt get close enough to see what the water was like...I have a few questions...1. Was the water very shallow?   2. Was there a seaweed bed there in front of the cabanas?  3. If so, how large was the seaweed bed?  4. Were there any rocks in the water?  I ask this because i am very sensitive to things touching my feet in the water. I will need to wear water shoes if I choose that type of cabana. It isn't a problem, but trying to eliminate extra weight in packing. 

I love your pictures. I cant remember what I saw when I walked by them....lol...shucks, I never noticed there were outlets or a ceiling fan...both pluses.     THANKS!!!

1-   I would say for the most part the water was less than five feet in the entire cabana area. 

2- yes on the seaweed bed.  It wasn’t a large bed and could be walked around,  but it was there.  There was another one a little further out.  I am not a huge fan of it touching my feet,  but I was ok. 

3-  see answer 2.  

4-  there are rocks and shells in the water.  Very typical of my experience in most oceans.  Of course,  with tides that could be better or worse depending on the day.  

I would wear shoes if it was something that made you uncomfortable.  You can always take them off it you don’t think you need them.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Glad you had an awesome day. This was our home last Friday. Other than a small hike to the bathroom is is an amazing spot. 

We were in two-  so it wasn’t terrible at all

for us-  once you got on the packed down sand,  it was fine :-) 

On 10/10/2019 at 9:48 PM, traveler1980 said:

Thank you so much for posting these.  I'm hoping we will catch a much lower price than the $999 currently posted.  We had a cabana on Labadee last year and really enjoyed the privacy.  

$999-  yikes!!!  I don’t think I would pay that for this experience.  Though it was good-  it wasn’t $999 good. 

On 10/10/2019 at 8:28 PM, Bitsmommy said:

1-   I would say for the most part the water was less than five feet in the entire cabana area. 

2- yes on the seaweed bed.  It wasn’t a large bed and could be walked around,  but it was there.  There was another one a little further out.  I am not a huge fan of it touching my feet,  but I was ok. 

3-  see answer 2.  

4-  there are rocks and shells in the water.  Very typical of my experience in most oceans.  Of course,  with tides that could be better or worse depending on the day.  

I would wear shoes if it was something that made you uncomfortable.  You can always take them off it you don’t think you need them.  

Thank you for your response...I now know what I need to do and which Cabana I need to get. ☺️