Is Captain Marvins's a good choice?

iluvcruises

We used Captain Marvin's a year ago for the Far Side Tour to Rum Point and were very pleased with their service.  The driver was timely getting us to our destination and back to Georgetown via ferry across the North Sound.  I also scoured reviews of this company prior to booking our independent excursion with them.  I can't speak to the particular excursion you wish to take, just our experience with this tour operator.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 10:57 PM, iluvcruises said:

Thinking of booking the Stingray and snorkel trip through Captain Marvin's.  Has anyone used this tour operator?  Please let me know what you think of them.  Thank you!

I have used them every time I have a stop in GC since the early 90s and just booked them again for May.  Swimming with the stingrays is one of my favorite things to do anywhere in the Caribbean and Captain Marvins does it better than anyone else.  They’re the oldest company there offering stingray tours.  Read their reviews on trip advisor.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

We used them in May for the Stingray City and Snorkeling excursion.  They were fabulous and we have had 3 other tours to SC before.  The best part is to be with your group (we had about 14) and see the cruise ship tour pull up.  They had about 70 people all getting in the water at the same time.  We were so glad we booked with Captain Marvin.  They also had a guy working on the ship taking your picture as you meet the stingrays.  No high pressure at all but he does offer you to buy them.  I can't remember what we paid but there were six in our party and it seemed reasonable.  He gave us a USB of all the pictures and then for our family with iPhones he transferred the pictures right to their phones as well.  

Everyone was friendly and knowledgeable and we would recommend them to everyone.

• 1 month later...

The only tour time for Stingray & Snorkeling that would work for us is the 10 a.m.  Our ship is not scheduled to arrive until 9 a.m. That seems rather tight--are the tenders from the port or the super-small ones from the ship?  What do y'all think?

On 10/30/2022 at 8:06 PM, Naismith said:

The only tour time for Stingray & Snorkeling that would work for us is the 10 a.m.  Our ship is not scheduled to arrive until 9 a.m. That seems rather tight--are the tenders from the port or the super-small ones from the ship?  What do y'all think?

Okay, answering my own question.  I checked with the tour operator, who agreed that would be too tight and suggested the slightly shorter tour at 11:15 a.m.  He said that there were still openings "...on Viator and our website."  So I went to Viator, and it was showing full.  I went to the Captain Marvin website, and booked there.  

But I also let them know about the issue at Viator, because they will not sail if fewer than 10 book the trip.  And if there is a problem with the Viator website, then there will be frustrated people who would have booked.  He was going to check the interface.