O'Sheehan's Bar

salty dingo

Well, I think this is mostly about the bar... the drinks, not so much about the food.  I prefer to dine in the MDR as well, but, if I want a drink... O'Sheehans/The Local is a good place to go. 

BTW, OP specified, it would be for drinks only... just sayin' ... 😉

Edited by All-ready2cruise

35 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

I guess I am in the minority here.  I do not enjoy many of O'Sheehan's dishes.  I more regularly enjoy eating lunch in the MDRs or the buffet.

Sometimes the MDR is not open and the buffet can sometimes be a zoo. Nice to have options. I am curious to try the actual Irish dishes like the corner beef or bangers.

Just now, salty dingo said:

Sometimes the MDR is not open and the buffet can sometimes be a zoo. Nice to have options. I am curious to try the actual Irish dishes like the corner beef or bangers.

I have the Reuben sandwich almost every cruise in O'Sheehans/The Local but don't put too much emphasis on the Irish part of it.  It's supposedly Pub Food but really just fast food in a small restaurant.  

I will say that the Reuben on the Joy was very good but hate potato chips instead of fryes... would prefer nothing instead. JMO of course. 

Enjoy

I often grab breakfast there - less crowded than the buffet but serves later than the MDR. The fajitas there were my jam for a snack. I'd ask for them to include cheese (I think they just cut up the cheese used for burgers) and always hit the spot. Was bummed it wasn't in the local - but since I was on the Bliss in Alaska I much preferred going up to the observation lounge or buffet for a snack since they had the views. 

If you're just talking drinks you'll get way faster service just going up to the bar there vs the chairs in the area that aren't directly in the restaurant part. On the Bliss it had a couple unique cocktails on tap - can't recall if the others I've been on did. 

My initial reason for posting was to make sure it was not bad form to bypass the hostess and go to the bar for a drink. The food discussion is helpful too.

Since It's close to where we may board the ship, I thought it may be a good location to go grab a first drink, but we plan to dine in the MDR for lunch when possible, not O'Sheehan's.

Edited by salty dingo
  • Like 1

I'm confused. O'Sheahan's has a bar inside? On the Bliss, the Local (equivalent to O'Sheahan's) has no bar inside. The bar is actually outside the restaurant, in the upper atrium. There is no hostess at the bar. Is it a different setup at O'Sheahan's?

3 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

I'm confused. O'Sheahan's has a bar inside? On the Bliss, the Local (equivalent to O'Sheahan's) has no bar inside. The bar is actually outside the restaurant, in the upper atrium. There is no hostess at the bar. Is it a different setup at O'Sheahan's?

The Bliss has the Local Bar & Grill, deck 7. On other ships with O'Sheehans, there is always a bar as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

All BA and BA+ ships are set up the same - just a name change and maybe a few minor differences. Not sure about other ships with an osheehans.